Weight GAIN

redheadedgirl
on 3/31/10 9:57 am
Okay, I've stalled a few times since surgery, but never gained weight. I do weigh myself daily and today I was up about 3 pounds since yesterday. I have been off of my diuretic for 2 days because my blood pressure has been crashing and I was very dizzy. I suppose maybe that's what it is, but 3 pounds seems like a lot to me and my rings are still loose???
RedSox15
on 3/31/10 10:42 am - MA
I used to weight myself daily and it drove me nuts.  I would find myself fluctuating with the same 3-4 pounds each time.  WHen I weighed myself each Monday morning I would eventually lose the weight .. **knock on wood** I haven't gained any weight yet.  Maybe just pick one day a week to weigh yourself?  I feel like that helped me - it was driving me nuts to weigh myself each day.

Best of luck to you on your WLS journey
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

anewleaf
on 3/31/10 12:54 pm
I do weigh myself daily and notice a fluctuation, too, but I don't get down about it like I did before surgery.. it is what it is.

I'm sure the diuretic has a lot to do with it.  Are you off of it permanently?  When you're on the diuretic, are you getting enough water?  

Hang in there, I'm sure that's all it is.  If it keeps going up, call your surgeon's office/nutritionist to see what you can do to combat this if you have to stay off the diuretic for any length of time.  I'm sure it's unnerving. 

redheadedgirl
on 4/1/10 9:24 am
Thanks everyone. I'll watch it, but I'm down a pound already, so I think my body just has to adjust.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views