and...We wonder why America is Obese???

tauntonredsox33
on 3/30/10 4:11 am - Taunton, MA
Seriously?????  Fried chicken patty in a Krispy Kreme Donut???

http://www.delish.com/recipes/cooking-recipes/unusual-state-fair-food?GT1=47001

Melissa M. 
HW 250/SW 217/CW 117/ 1st GW 133/ 2nd GW 117
        Reached my goal!!!!!!  
judex
on 3/30/10 5:42 am
 At the Fryeburg, ME fair I  had deep fried oreo's a couple years ago...they were goood!
gojiking
on 3/30/10 10:36 am - Northbridge, MA
but could you imagine eating candy and SIN G WEIGHT ?

http://newenglandsolutions.com   coming 4/6
judex
on 3/30/10 9:30 pm
 The diet industry has everything to do with why americans women are obese.
It goes like this: the media portrays women in a feminized sexualized way. Lots of times underweight but certainly not "overweight" .( "Overweight " women are scorned and marginalized in our society.)
But then the media has provided the standard for women to meet. So who steps up to meet the needs of overweight women? The DIET industry...women lose and gain back..they think its their fault. They try again..they gain more back. It's a horrible seesaw. you all know..
So thank the Diet industry for keeping  people fat.

jude

RedSox15
on 3/31/10 1:31 am - MA
I have seen fairs with deep fried sticks of butter ......... wicked gross!!!!
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

babynurseheather
on 3/31/10 1:35 am - Worcester, MA
I have had the deep fried oreos....artery clogging and delightful....now on the illegal list for me!  Deep fried butter?  Jeez!  Did it come with a CPR certification card for the person with you??? 

A women's magazine this week has the "fast food diet"....losing weight while eating Taco Bell!  Really????  And I love how they all have a gazillion articles on weight loss and exercise, but usually feature a picture of some delightful dessert on the cover!!!  Talk about your mixed messages!!!!

RedSox15
on 3/31/10 3:12 am - MA
I absolutely HATE butter so the thought of it deep fried just makes me shudder.  Even the smell of butter makes me nauseus (this was always before surgery too.)  I did watch an episode of Paula Deen a few weeks after surgery and she had a chocolate ganashe filled cupcake that she deep fried .. sure looked good w/ all the head hunger I had going on.
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views