Any suggestions for MA and R.I. doctor for VSG

Tanis123
on 3/26/10 2:39 pm
   I am looking for any recommendations or input on doctors in the MA and   R. I . area . Any information or websites that anyone can provide would  be greatly appreciated . I have been to a couple WLS seminars but I haven't really meet anyone who has had VSG.  I know that some Doctors have clients on their website. But can you really trust that they are who they say they are? I haven't had much luck researching  doctors background or other clients that have been to them . I am just looking for ways to get reliable information to make the best decision I can . Any and all suggestions are welcome . Thank you
judex
on 3/27/10 3:19 am
 Hi..Check out Mass. General Hospital Weight Center

jude
DwindlingFlower
on 3/27/10 11:11 am - Quincy, MA
Dr.Nichole Pecquex of the Center for Weight Control at Caritas St. Elizabeths Hospital in Brighton Ma performs them, but... I know many center have had an issue with insurance companies agreeing to pay for the procedure as they still consider it experimental.  So you should check with your insurance company first, but you may have underlying issues that would have them approve the VSG and not RNY, I dont know what your situation is, just wanted to give you a heads up.

DwindlingFlower

DwindlingFlower
on 3/27/10 11:13 am - Quincy, MA
Oh and on a side note... I am one of those "clients" that are on the Doctors websites and I am who I say I am lol....  honestly you can always ask a surgeon for post op patients to talk to.... My surgeon (with my permission of course) gives out my contact information all the time, I dont sugar coat anything, if someone has questions, I have answers.  If you ask a doctor and they cant provide any kind of references of post op patients... thats scary...

DwindlingFlower

ClareB
on 4/5/10 11:26 pm - MA
My Surgeon , Dr, Darius Ameri, out of Winchester Hospital does them.  He has been doing them in NON WEIGHT LOSS patients for years (for stomach cancers and the like)

Your problem will be thought that insurance carriers in Massachusetts dont cover this yet.  I feel that this is coming soon.  BUT you most likely will have a battle on your hands.

I tried to get the VSG in 2008.  I appealed and appealed and appealed all the way to the state board of insurance and was denied coverage. 

It has been two years and you may have a much better shot.  Any help I can give you please let me know.  you can send me a private message and I would be glad to help out.

Clare
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views