Dear Gall Bladder: You SUCK.

MaeFB
on 3/24/10 1:51 am - Townsend, MA
 So, last night I apparently had a gall bladder attack. I didn't know that's what it was. It came on pretty suddenly, with a slight ache in my ribs under my breasts, and across my back, and quickly progressed to agony. I couldn't sit still, I stood up and paced the living room nearly screaming in pain, as if I could somehow outrun it. My sister got my mom awake, who came downstairs all sorts of panicked. I then went into the bathroom and tried to throw up, since coughing was helping the pain momentarily. And just as my sister's about to call 9-1-1, my mom recognized what was going on. She asked me about the pain, and where it was, and told my sister to double check that I had symptoms of a gall bladder attack. I had them right down to a ******g T. The pain took maybe fifteen minutes to start easing, and then I curled up on the couch, found a position I could tolerate, and spent the next THREE HOURS in and out of sleep and in pain. (The good news? My mom told me it's the worst pain I'll EVER feel, worse than labor.) 

The bad news? It looks like I'm stuck on an EVEN MORE restricted diet until I can get in to have this surgery, I will need the surgery. And, oh yeah, my mom says I can have another attack at any moment. 

I'm so upset. And I take my actigal pretty regularly **** Fuck ****  

You know what (presumably) triggered it? Broccoli-cheese soup. Nothing dramatic like a Big Mac or something that normal people eat, just soup. 

Just Brooke
on 3/24/10 2:43 am
Usually getting that surgery can be quick! When I had attacks, 4 years ago, it got so bad I went to the ER and they kept me there ...surgery was the next morning.

And this would be my personal choice ...but if it were me I'd make sure I used a surgeon who worked in the same hospital as your bypass surgeon - or at least a hospital that knows bariatrics. We have 2 hospitals that are close ..1 does bariatric surgery the other doesn't. I always make sure to go to the one that does just incase whatever issue I was having happend to be bypass related. Just a thought!

Good luck! 

tauntonredsox33
on 3/24/10 3:20 am - Taunton, MA
Hope your feeling better soon!!!
Melissa M. 
HW 250/SW 217/CW 117/ 1st GW 133/ 2nd GW 117
        Reached my goal!!!!!!  
ClareB
on 3/24/10 11:30 am - MA
Dear GB,

YOU SUCK...

I too have to have mine out.  I had a few attacks, which at the time, I did not know were attacks.  I THOUGHT I WOULD DIE...I had tears streaming down my face and was sitting on the toilet, CRYING, like a baby!!

Today they called and  I have a date, which is a month away.  Lucky for me, I (KNOCK ON WOOD) have not had that many...but like your mom said,  it can happen at any time.

I bet the soup and cheese was loaded with fat and caused it.  The soup was most likely cream based.  Try to stay off any fats or oils and keep the faith.

The surgery itself is not a big deal and everyone says we are going to feel so much better.  My gastric surgeon is taking mine out. 

Good Luck
Island Girl
on 3/25/10 12:30 am - VI
The B/C soup was a ticking time bomb....Both of those things, broccoli and cheese will likely show up on any list of foods your Dr will tell you to avoid ubtil after the GB surgery. Taken together they were just an attack waiting to happen.
I got my toes in the water, ass in the sand ,
        Not a worry in the world, a cold beer in my hand
               Life is good today. Life is good today.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs