Happy Hump Day girls!!! Dr update!!

tauntonredsox33
on 3/24/10 1:43 am - Taunton, MA
Well saw the Dr for my 8 month check up...  He was thrilled!!!!  with my progress and said I look fantastic.... lol
Dr's scale says 76.4 lbs  Work scale says 79 lbs I'm going with works...lol 

Told me I need to get that number ( 100lbs that I want to loose)  OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!   Explained that being Morbidly Obese for so long that I have bigger and stronger bones and lot more muscle and that I should not be stuck on numbers....  I look alot smaller then what the scale says and the most important thing to go by is how I feel ( which is just awesome) and Look (working on that brain has not caught up...lol )  I'm really struggling with this but I see the shrink tomorrow at the hospital I had my surgery and he'll probably  tell me things I already know just need to get it sunk im my skinny little brain now... lol 

I did 2 workout classes last night Body Pump at 5:30 and then Zumba at 6:30.....  I am sooo hurting today but it is such a good pain.. my poor body is in shock..lol  I was going to do a class tonight but going give my body a break because I want to to zumba tomorrow night...
Tonight will be laundry and grocery shopping and seeing my new boyfriend!!!!!

Yep that's right it official Kevin is my boyfriend he asked me last night.. sooo Korney huh???  LOL
He is soooo sweet!!!  I'm still very scared to open my heart again but not fair to him if I don't.  We really have a good time together and enjoy each others company.. One day at time is all I can do!
Love you girls to piece's!!!!
Have a great day!!!!

Oh yeh Vits.. haven't been doing so good.. was told iron low but that probably not following through on my vits will try to be more compliant!!!!
Melissa M. 
HW 250/SW 217/CW 117/ 1st GW 133/ 2nd GW 117
        Reached my goal!!!!!!  
Sue M.
on 3/24/10 2:06 am - Nantucket, MA
Numbers are a *****  Glad your surgeon has some sense to explain that to you.

Glad you are loving those exercise classes!  I don't belong to a gym (free gym access at the University I work at), so I don't get to enjoy those since I can't afford to pay for them, but I've tried Zumba and I love it.

Glad you are enjoying your time with Kevin.  One day at a time is the perfect way to roll with it!

*HUGS*
Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
capeladybug
on 3/24/10 2:34 am - Newtonville, MA
WTG girl!! I hear you about the numbers and boy oh boy do they implant themself in your head. I think I need brainwashing to get the numbers out of my head!

I am glad you are loving your classes as well. I want to try Zumba but I don't want to look like a fool...LOL.

Annnnd last but NOT least...YEAAAAA for Kevin!!! I am so excited for you, new love it sthe best!!

Enjoy the ride girl!
H/S/C/G  344/324/225/150  6'0"
tauntonredsox33
on 3/24/10 3:18 am - Taunton, MA
Thanks Girls!!!

Sue.... what I like about the gym is that you can pay separately for the classes no monthly fees out of your checking or credit card NO CONTRACTS!!! It's just $30.00 a month just for classes I don't even have to go into the smelly nasty germ infested gym...lol  I'll probably do 1 more month then stop for summer because I will want to be outside for the nice weather and hopefully run.

Ladybug... NUMBERS!!!! UGGG! I need to let it go and focus on the body the way it is... trying to tone and strengthen is my goal for now so I can start running... not sure if my knees will like it.

Zumba is sooo much fun.... Honestly everyone messes up even the instructors is about moving having fun and being healthy!!!!  Try it you will love it!

Kevin is such a sweetheart...  Crossing my fingers on this one.. I think he wil be around for a long time :)
Melissa M. 
HW 250/SW 217/CW 117/ 1st GW 133/ 2nd GW 117
        Reached my goal!!!!!!  
hollyberries
on 3/24/10 9:29 am - Carver, MA
Melissa,

You look franfreakingtastic!  You should be very proud of your accomplisments.  You inspire me!  I hope to see you Monday night..

Blessings,
Cindy
Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Susan M.
on 3/24/10 11:56 am - MA

aww new relationships are so exciting!!  congrats!
I also get stuck on numbers and it's terrible.  I'm also learning to think about how I feel, which is stronger and healthier.  Good that you are going to see someone...that will help process everything.  Good luck :)

CATHERINE81
on 3/25/10 1:16 am - BROCKTON, MA
Awwww mama im so happy for you hey you to and sly and i should hang out :)

im the same way im stuck on loosing 100 since day of surg almost there but since process 100 lost but my brain doesnt think that way i feel what your saying trust me.. btw where do you do zumba im nterested..

and you look great we all need to work on the brain part trust me your not the only one..

xoxo
catherine
redheadedgirl
on 3/27/10 10:12 am
Well Melissa, you do look awesome! I can't believe it's you, since the last time I saw you was at our preop class and I totally did not recognize you. Get the numbers out of your head and focus on how you feel and the SMALL clothes you are wearing! Congrat's on the beau, sure hope he loves the Red Sox. Speaking of which I have to buy some new shirts before my trip to Baltimore for some games. Can you PM me and let me know which support group you go to, I may start going now that the snow is over LOL, i probably just jinxed all of us.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views