8 days post op and feeling great!

s0ftballgurrl77
on 3/17/10 4:25 am - Waltham, MA
well, i did it! the surgery went really well, no complications... knock on wood !
tho attempting to get enough protein and liquids in me can be somewhat challenging,
i am right now only managing to get some where in the mid 50's range. im in stage 3 i see my dr next week so hopefully i will advance to stage 4... that would be amazing!

the shakes arent bad but im getting a little bored with them. today i had some greek yogurt with a little splenda and some sugar free strawberry jelly mixed in. Does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks!
MB
Mal
on 3/17/10 6:10 am
Congratulations on  your surgery!!! We have the same surgeon and I'm coming up behind you I was approved by insurance and after my appointment with Dr. Pecequex on the 24th, I'll get my date!!! 

If you go to the main board, one of the posters has tons of information and recepies for shakes and various things.  A few of the things I've learned are:

Greek yogurt: mix 1/2 envelope of cheesecake s/f flavor into it--heaven tastes just like cheesecake

Mix a scoop or 2 of vanilla protein powder into vanilla or cheesecake s/f pudding (that you make yourself) or chocolate protein powder into chocholate pudding.  Excellent way to get in some extra protein

Hope this helps and congratulations again!  I can't wait to be in  your shoes!!!

lovetwogab
on 3/17/10 6:20 am
 hi,

add a tablespoon or two of simply jiff peanut butter to a chocolate protein drink and a few ice cubes.  mix them in the blender.  tastes almost like a dairy queen blizzard (not quite really, but..) and by adding the peanut butter you're adding protein.

RedSox15
on 3/17/10 8:32 am - MA
Congratulations!!  Best of luck to you!! :)

Have you tried Egg Beaters yet?  I had some of those on stage 3 and I love them even more now on stage 5 ..
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

capeladybug
on 3/17/10 12:35 pm - Newtonville, MA
CONGRATS!!! I am glad you are feeling so great. At about 8 days post-op I had so much energy I was like a crazy woman on speed!

As for soft foods with protein have you tried Ricotta with sauce in the micro?  Tastes like lasagna!! I was and still am addicted to Chobani yogurt! Plain greek yogurt with surgar free powder pudding mixed in. I love pistatio! 

Also, remember no one ever get hospitalized the first few months out for protein deficiency but they can be hospitalized for dehydration, I was twicem, lol, so focus on those liquids!!

Good luck and keep up the awesome work!!

H/S/C/G  344/324/225/150  6'0"
capeladybug
on 3/17/10 12:37 pm - Newtonville, MA
OH I forgot...my newest favorite!!!

CLICK protien drink!!  If you like Starbucks iced mocha you will love this stuff. I am 8 months out and drink 3 a day..haha!
H/S/C/G  344/324/225/150  6'0"
Sue M.
on 3/17/10 11:02 pm - Nantucket, MA
Congrats!!!!  Welcome to the LOSER's bench!!

Finding sugar free syrups (online is easiest) to put in your shakes can be really helpful - so I'm told. (coconut, vanilla, mint, coffee - lots of flavors out there!!)

I stuck with Isopure RTD fruity ones and SF Carnation instant breakfast, but I don't mind repetition.

You'll get better with the protein in time, just keep trying. 
Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
DwindlingFlower
on 3/18/10 5:27 am - Quincy, MA
try heating up some fatfree ricotta cheese with a bit of spaghetti sauce in the microwave, thats yummy too, its like lasagna without the carbs lol...

DwindlingFlower

cindy c.
on 3/18/10 10:40 am - Agawam, MA
Congrats on your new journey! I am never "hungry" in the morning, so i put 1 cup of milk, 1 scoop of GNC unflavored protein powder, 2 splenda, and Chobani yogurt in a blender and sip on it at work. Total protein= 43g !!!! YUMMY!!

" A lot of people are afraid of heights...Not me, I'm afraid of widths " - Steven Wright
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4440 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views