what do you eat in a typical day

cdonarumo
on 3/2/10 10:36 pm - chelsea, MA
Hi All

I'm just curious.  I had gastric by pass  on December 28th.  I have lost 45 pounds ( which is fantatic and I feel like a million bucks) , but have been going back and forth between the same 3 pounds for 2 weeks.  2 weeks ago, the nut advanced me to stage 5 with a calorie intake of 1000-1,100.  I am concerned I am eating too much and I seem hungry all the time.  Any advice would be great.

b- either 1 egg with 1 piece of reduced calorie wheat bread (when I work out) or 1 serving of cream of wheat

in bewteen i drink 10 ounces of Isopure

lunch - protein (chicken or fish) with a small portion of a veggie

in between 0% fage yogurt

dinner - protein, veggie and 1/4 of potato or sweet pot.

snack - s.f. tapioca or s.f. choc. pudd

I drink at least 64 oz water daily usually more and take all my supplements

I exercise 5-6 days a week/

Cindy
RedSox15
on 3/3/10 12:43 am - MA

Hi Cindy!  Congrats on your surgery and 45lbs!!! 

I had surgery on Dec. 16th and I am also on stage 5.  My foods are very similiar to yours and I try to stick to the "sample menu" my doctors gave me on a printout.

For breakfast I'll do greek yogurt or 1/2 cup of egg beaters.  Sometimes 1 slice of toast with sugar free jam.

In between - fluids/water

lunch - protein: turkey/ham w/ 1 slice ff cheese and 2 sl tomato on pita

In between - fluids and for a snack some sf, ff pudding or fruit (I also make protein balls which I have sometimes) or a tsp of peanut butter

dinner - more protein!  Chicken, turkey, veggie burger with veggies

snack - yogurt or sf, ff pudding

:)

*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

cdonarumo
on 3/3/10 1:02 am - chelsea, MA
They also gave me a sample printout, but it just seem liked so much food and now I haven't lost anything, so I started to freak.  Thank you so much for the feedback, it certainly gave me peace of mind.  I have been wanting to try peanut butter, what brand do you use?
cdonarumo
on 3/3/10 1:03 am - chelsea, MA
I forgot to mention, your weightloss is fantastic.  Congrats!
RedSox15
on 3/3/10 1:26 am - MA
Thanks, so is yours! :)  I think I'm starting to hit a little plateau .. I can't get over this last hump and it is annoying me - lol.

I use the Skippy natural - it's awesome in both creamy and crunchy.  I've always been a crunchy girl and was excited to find out they had cruncy natural (for the longest time I could only find the creamy natural.)  I'm glad Skippy makes the natural because since we can't eat regular peanut butter all the other brands of natural have that gross oil on top that you have to mix in.  Skippy = no oil, which is great!  Just make sure it says natural with only salt, peanut & oil in the ingrediants ... wow I just said natural a lot in this paragraph!!

Its funny because they say your taste buds can change after surgery and I seem to like peanut butter MUCH more now. 
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

cdonarumo
on 3/3/10 5:51 am - chelsea, MA
Thanks, the PB sounds great!

kawkbw
on 3/3/10 6:55 am - MA
I will be 10 months post op on March 13.  I have lost 107 pounds so far ( I'm hoping for another 25-30).  In my typical day I eat:

Breakfast:  protein latte
snack : greek yogurt with 2 tsp granola
Lunch: 2-3 slices turkey with cheese stick, and a juicy fruit to quench my thirst
snack: cottage cheese, or almonds, or protein bar
Dinner:  3 oz protein, veggie, and a juicy fruit
snack: sf pudding or yogurt

in between everything I have decaf tea, or coffee, or water.
cdonarumo
on 3/3/10 7:59 am - chelsea, MA
Kawkbw:

Another fantastic weight loss, what an accomplishment.  Thanks for your feedback!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views