Question for fellow Tufts patients..

RedSox15
on 3/1/10 10:29 am - MA
Hello :)

Does anyone attend the once a month small post-op meetings w/ Dr. Greenberg?  I signed up for them, and just realized I might of missed it today.  I signed up for the Monday 3pm meetings and didn't think anything of it until right now!  Are they the first Monday of the month?  I would feel so silly if I missed the first group I was supposed to attend.  Normally I don't work Mondays but I covered for someone today so my whole day was thrown off!!  Ahhh, can anyone help!!

Kate
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

kgrenier12
on 3/1/10 10:27 pm - pembroke, MA
Hi:

I go to the 1st Monday of the month at 3pm with Dr. Stephanie Power.

It's great.  It'll be great to have you come!

Kerry
(Pembroke, MA)

SW: 262   CW: 170  GW:155
RedSox15
on 3/1/10 10:57 pm - MA
Hi Kerry :)

Ahh, I had a feeling it was the first of the month .. so it was yesterday and I missed it!!  I never, ever work Mondays and picked it up - completely forgot all about it.

What are the meetings like?  I go to the HOWL seminar, but I think the smaller setting might be better.

Here's to the April meeting 

Kate
*Kate*

kgrenier12
on 3/1/10 11:06 pm - pembroke, MA
This was my second group meeting.  I like it better than the larger HOWL seminar.  I think the more individuals contribute to the meeting the more everyone gets something out of it.  People were more talkative at this last meeting and it was really great.

See you in April!

Kerry

SW: 262   CW: 170  GW:155
RedSox15
on 3/1/10 11:32 pm - MA
Awesome - they sound great. 

I like the HOWL meetings but feel like not all questions gets answered.  One of the women I was sitting with had a good point.  The pre-op patients ask good questions, but it ends up being somewhat of a show and tell for the post-op patients.  Alot of the post-op patients don't get their questions answered because they talk about what they're going through for the new patients.  I did go to a HOWL meeting pre-op and did appreciate hearing all the stories from post-op patients so I also love that they do have these smaller meetings :)

:)
*Kate*

tauntonredsox33
on 3/1/10 11:36 pm, edited 3/1/10 11:37 pm - Taunton, MA

I'm thinking of joining this groupas well but need the 6pm class....  I'm hoping it will help because I'm having some issues now since loosing the weight that they could never prepare you for..

I do attend the HOWL seminars when I can....I'm going on the 15th of this month will you girls be attending??? 
Totally agree about these meetings that exactly how I feel....

I do attend a meeting in Bridgewater that Lisa runs it is great!!!!  You should check that out if you can.

Melissa M. 
HW 250/SW 217/CW 117/ 1st GW 133/ 2nd GW 117
        Reached my goal!!!!!!  
RedSox15
on 3/1/10 11:52 pm, edited 3/1/10 11:53 pm - MA
Hello :)

I will definitely be attending this meeting on the 15th!! I was bummed that they didn't have a meeting for February :(  The January meeting had a lot of people there!  It was great to hear everyone's stories - makes me feel like I'm not the only one with some of the problems being brought up.  The meeting goes by so fast - at 7pm it's like Whoa!  Where did the time go? 
I went to my first HOWL in November (pre-op) and Dr. Shikora stopped in for the meeting - I loved that.  I wanted to go to the December meeting (I had surgery Wed Dec. 16th and the meeting was the following Monday!) but didn't make it - I didn't want to try to pu**** so I didn't go.  The Jan meeting was a good one  - both times I went Kerry was the organizer and Dr. Tarnoff was the guest).

I plan on going to the BWater meeting (I live in Raynham) - the more meetings I can go to the better.  I'm a little under 3 months out and feel so "off" a lot.  Look forward to meeting ya!~
*Kate*

M M
on 3/7/10 10:18 am

What is a HOWL?

RedSox15
on 3/7/10 11:42 am - MA
HOWL stands for Healthy Optimal Weight Loss/Healthy Weight and Optimal Wellness for Life.  These are meetings for post-op patients.  They are usually the third Monday of the month.  It's an open lecture that anyone can attend but is more geared towards post-op.  One of the programs nutritionists usually hosts the lecture.  Sometimes one of the surgeon's also might stop by.  Its basically a giant support group with 50+ people attending.  :)
*Kate*

M M
on 3/7/10 8:07 pm
Oh, okay.  They change the names of meetings over the years.  Thanks.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views