= HAVING MASS HEALTH INSURANCE

tipa
on 2/27/10 2:58 am
has any one had dr jiser from lowell general hosp? is there program good?? AND HAS ANY ONE HAD THE MASS HEALTH INSURANCE AND HOW WAS THE INSURANCE TO GET AN APPROVAL?
Just Brooke
on 2/27/10 6:26 am
You have a few responses to your previous post about Dr. Jiser.  The program is great and a lot of people have MassHealth.

tipa
on 2/27/10 6:35 am
ya i know thank you! but i am new to mass and i do not know how the mass health works!!?? i moved her about 6 months ago ! do you have mass health ? what are there pro approval guidelines? do you have to lose wieght first?
Just Brooke
on 2/27/10 7:47 am
MassHealth doesn't really have their own guidelines ....everything you do with Dr. Jiser and the program are the programs guidelines. They do require you lose 5% of your body weight - again, that's not the insurance, that's the surgeons telling you to do this. They will also send you off for testing - chest xray, ultrasound, EKG, endoscopy, and a sleep apnea test if they think you need it. You also need to have a psych evaluation, see the dietitian, and attend classes and support groups. This is all pretty common stuff with most surgeons all over the country. I have heard of insurances requiring a 6 months supervised diet but MassHealth isn't one of them.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views