A Holy Poop Moment....

DwindlingFlower
on 2/26/10 9:37 am - Quincy, MA
So my husband and friends at school have been telling me for a few weeks now that the size 16 jeans I have been wearing were too big, which I guess I kinda knew since I was holding them up on my body with a belt but I guess I wasnt ready to listen yet.  So today after getting tired of the belt digging into my waist all day as it attempts to hold my pants up, I figured after school I would go to the mall and see what lane bryant had on sale and use a coupon I got in the mail to pick up a couple of size 14 jeans.... so I get in there and their right fit jeans which I liked in the blue were on sale... fantastic!!  I grab a 1 and head to the fitting room, pull them up over my butt with a little too much ease, to look into the mirror and see that there is so much room in the tummy and crotch, that it looks like I should have a penis to fill it out. So, I take off the jeans, a little bewildered at this point, I wasnt expecting it.  I was totally confused.... what do you mean I dont fit into a size 14? but my 16s are too big...  So I leave the store, go home and just for ****s and giggles decided to see how far away I was from fitting into my old size 12s and much to my surprise... I pulled them on... adjusted the booty and buttoned the damn things!!!  I creeped my way downstairs into the den to show Pierce, my husband.... with a look of complete shock on my face.... I fit into my favorite pair of Ann Taylor size 12 jeans and then proceeded to cry.... like a baby.... lol....  I then ran upstairs pulled those jeans off and proceeded to try on 6 other pairs of size 12 jeans I had in the closet..... and they all fit... I am astonished at this point and cant even believe it....  There are more size 12 jeans to try on too but then my spicy tuna roll (we can get sushi delivered, its awesome) arrived at the door and I had to go downstairs. I just cant believe that I am able to fit into my old 12s again, I really thought I was so far away from being at that point and here I am....  I really cant wait for spring to hit ladies!!!  I am still planning on hosting a clothing swap, and my bag of clothes is getting bigger and bigger.... anyway, I had to share my moment, I know you would all understand..... 

DwindlingFlower

anewleaf
on 2/26/10 10:35 am
Wow.. I can't even imagine getting there.  I can't believe you kept your old small jeans! LOL!  I guess I never thought I'd see that size again so got rid of them all...  Will watch for your clothing swap! ;-)  I think I would have been crying, too... Congratulations!

Mal
on 2/26/10 9:39 pm
That's so awesome!  I would be bawling too!  I can't wait for your clothing exchange in in spring!  My surgery is going to be in April (3rd week) during school vacation for the kids.  I see Dr. Peceaux on Tuesday then the waiting game for ins. approval starts but hopefully everything will be a go for that week. 

Congratulations!! 
RedSox15
on 2/27/10 3:09 am - MA
Congrats!!  That much be such an awesome feeling!!!
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

Sue M.
on 2/27/10 7:14 am - Nantucket, MA
Isn't that awesome!!!  Think of what size you'll be at goal!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!
Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
skiyalove
on 2/27/10 1:36 pm - Avon, IN
Congrats!!!!!! That is so exciting I cannot wait to get to the other side of the fence. :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views