No leak test????

bypassmom26
on 2/23/10 9:42 pm
my daughter had surgery yesterday at Tufts medical, dr. shirkora (sp?) and the surgery (RNY) only took 1 hour... which is great, she seems to be doing well... but I am wondering why no leak test was done??? anyone every hear of this. It sort of worries me. I want to be sure everything is ok before she is released...today she is having a medicine cup full of water, every hour, thats it.. and then they will discharge her tomorrow????? sigh...I am worried to say the least. 
anyway, I hope someone can help answer my question.
thank you
tauntonredsox33
on 2/23/10 11:04 pm - Taunton, MA
I had my surgery done by Dr Shikora 7 months ago,.... I am sooo blessed to have had that man in my life.... He changed my life forever!!!!! 75.lbs lost forever!!!
It is the best decision I ever made!!!
I too only had that little cup of water.. trust me she probablly does'nt want it either....  best advise GET UP AND WALK WALK WALK!!!   She will do GREAT!!!!
I did stay 1 extra day because I was sick on the Pain meds.. which I really didn't need
I had no leak test done and turned out just fine!!!

Just have her go slow keep walking and get plenty of rest when she gets home!!!!
Any questions concerns please PM me anytime
Melissa M. 
HW 250/SW 217/CW 117/ 1st GW 133/ 2nd GW 117
        Reached my goal!!!!!!  
RazzyRobyn
on 2/23/10 11:17 pm - West Boylston, MA
 I had my surgery at UMASS in July 2009 and I don't believe I had a leak test either.  Again, I'm so happy I had my RNY. I would walk on a hot bed of coals for my surgeon, he has changed my life for the better!

I wish your daughter the best and please don't be a stranger here. We are all here to support each other. Tel your daughter that we are here for her too if she needs us, this board helped me out so much during my recovery.

All the best,
Robyn
Robyn

Highest known weight 268 lbs.
Lowest weight since surgery 115 lbs.
Currently maintaining at 125 lbs.

My RNY has saved my life and given me a new life!

anewleaf
on 2/23/10 11:37 pm
Hi,
I had no leak test as well.. just had surgery Jan 2010.  I wish your daughter much success!  

bypassmom26
on 2/23/10 11:43 pm
thank you all for your response.. .they do help me feel better. I spoke with her again a few mins. ago and she had just seen the surgeon, btw, she too adores him, thinks he is the best thing since sliced bread...LOL LOL... so I guess it will be ok... at least that is what I am telling myself....this is all so new for me.
thank you all so much.....
RedSox15
on 2/24/10 8:12 am - MA
Dr. Shikora is A M A Z I N G !!!  He did my surgery on December 16, 2009.  Words cannot describe how awesome and caring he is.  I don't believe I had a leak test either - if I did I know nothing about it!!  I wish your daughter all the best :)
*Kate*
 HW: 286 SW: 253 CW: 167 GW: 150 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views