got my surgery date and scared to death

redfraggle
on 2/11/10 10:06 pm

My surgeon's office called yesterday - to tell me insurance had approved me and the next date of service was March 22

"for what"

(yes. . i did ask that)

OMG . . i guess i thought it would be longer than that. .

i'm SO excited. . . but scared too. . I feel like i don't know enough :(

Mara C.
on 2/12/10 1:28 am - Millbury, MA
If you feel like you aren't ready b/c you don't know enough, you should ask your doc to push out the date.  I researched it for over a year before my surgery, so by the time I got a date, it could not get there fast enough.  This is a huge lifestyle change, you do not want to go ahead with it feeling you wished you knew more so you could make the best decision.. You want to know everything you can about it.  That's my 2 cents anyway.  Good luck with whatever you do!
              LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat      RNY Maintenance

"Create your day"
tauntonredsox33
on 2/12/10 2:26 am - Taunton, MA
I think those feeling are sooo normal.... but don't do it if your not ready....
I believe though we are never ready enough... 
I have no regrets and so glad I made the decision for my healthier life!

Melissa

Welcome to the loosers bench !!!
Melissa M. 
HW 250/SW 217/CW 117/ 1st GW 133/ 2nd GW 117
        Reached my goal!!!!!!  
Sue M.
on 2/12/10 5:32 am - Nantucket, MA
Start asking questions! 

Congrats on getting your date - I think your feelings are normal - it's a lot to take in.
Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
Krisnet
on 2/12/10 8:06 am
I just had surgery Jan. 19, 2010.  I was scared to death of the surgery, but excited by what was to come.  The surgery was a piece of cake.  It wasn't bad at all. I was freaked out about the NG tube, but you don't even know that it's there.  Good luck with your surgery!
redfraggle
on 2/16/10 8:32 pm
Thanks everyone. . when I say I don't know enough I think i mean that i don't know what's going to happen after. .you know?

I have trouble with lack of control LOL I've never had major surgery or medical things . . i've been very lucky!

Anyway - I've been going through this process for 2 years (almost) - took some time off from the appts etc to reevaluate (my mom was diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer over the summer)

I'm happy. . but scared to death!!! if that makes sense
SilentlyWeeping623
on 2/16/10 10:31 pm - MA
First of all, love the name. Invest in Fraggle Rock DVD's for your recovery!  ;-)

I had my surgery 10 months ago, and was terrified. You can never know enough, and I was scared even with all the research I did, and knowing deep down that it was the right thing.

For me I never stop researching and learning and doing what I can to keep myself at this weight *maybe even hit goal* but it boiled down to not knowing exactly what would happen to ME. I got all the stories and the generlizations. That was great info, but not knowing exactly what would happen to me as an  individual was the scariest part.

I had to ask myself, knowing the worst case scenario, Would I still choose to do this. My answer was YESSSS, And thats how I knew I was ready.
Silently Weeping
242/226/145/140
Dr Sunny Shah -Tufts NEMC Boston MA
RNY ~Surg Date 4/27/09

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views