I don't know about you, but........

kawkbw
on 2/9/10 1:05 am - MA
I have been having some MAJOR anxiety lately.  I have been thinking about how well my weight loss is going, and how I love how the clothes are fitting, and the compliments I've been getting.  And then the FEAR attacks me!  The "what if's" start popping into my head.  What if I gain weight back, what will people think, what will my family think, and so on and so on.  I just start to cry because I am really afraid of the future with my weight loss.  I try my hardest everyday to do my best with food.  And i think I actually do pretty well.   I"ve just been having  a hard time with this becaue like everything else I've ever tried with weight loss, the weight ALWAYS came back.   Does anyone else think of this??
jdr1208
on 2/9/10 1:50 am - Worcester, MA

either you and i are two peas in a pod or this is normal. i have been having these anxieties as well. after almost a 2 month stall it finally broke this weekend. i was convinced i would be 204 for the rest of my life and i was mentally starting to give up, figured what the hell, if this surgery fails me (or better yet, if i fail this surgery), thats all i have left, i might as well go back to being fat and at least happy with my food.
i went to my therpist yesterday and discussed my relationship with food and realized my food problem was much more of a problem than i ever thought it was. when you're fat you get so used to thinking fat, planning your life around being fat, having excuses on hand to defend your fatness. i too have failed at every diet. if i even lost any weight with them, they weight always came back, because i didnt choose to do these diets for the rest of my life. surgery, is a choice we all made for the rest of our lives, so theres no need to go back without a fair amount of effort on our part to make ourselves fail.

my dr put me on an anti anxiety med for this. he said that for women especially some of the emotions that go along with wls can be compared to pms, menopause or pregnancy hormones. some women dont have that high of emotions, some do, i definitely do.

i fear every time i put something in my mouth if im going to mess up.
but i try to convince myself, im no longer that fat girl. im now that healthier girl...

you are too.

good luck sweetie you're not alone!!!

CATHERINE81
on 2/9/10 4:03 am - BROCKTON, MA
Hey

no your not alone ive been feeling like this for a few weeks now trust me its very scary and nerve ish thats for sure
Just Brooke
on 2/9/10 5:15 am
*waving*

it sounds like a post I wrote a while ago, almost word for word!!! Trust me ..you are NOT alone!

Sue M.
on 2/9/10 8:09 am - Nantucket, MA
I have these thoughts all the time, mostof the time it's just fleeting, but sometimes i really get dragged down.  This is why I stay on OH, why I go to support group meetings and weigh myself weekly.  My therapist promised me that I won't gain it all back overnight, so I can keep an eye on my weight weighing once a week...so i can see if things start to creep back. 

Just keep sticking with the plan - we can do this!
Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
tauntonredsox33
on 2/9/10 11:46 pm - Taunton, MA
(((( BIG HUGS ))))    I've been having the same fear.....  
I've been having crackers alot with peanut butter mostly as a snack and It's stressing me out thinking I'm eating the carbs....  I don't eat the whole sleeve like I used to...lol       And when I want to take a bite of something that isn't bad I start to freak thinking I'm gonna gain it back........ 

I have to just tell myself that if I keep my portion control in check then I should be fine and still be able to enjoy those little bad moments...

YOUR NOT ALONE..... 
Melissa M. 
HW 250/SW 217/CW 117/ 1st GW 133/ 2nd GW 117
        Reached my goal!!!!!!  
rockysmom
on 2/15/10 10:06 am - Dartmouth, MA
YES!  My greatest fear since day one has been what if I gain the weight back.  I'll be having my 3 year surgiversary on April 1st, and I'm finally beginning to believe that this is for real and I won't be getting fat again.  As time goes on, and you begin to get comfortable with food the anxiety will become less.  My surgeon has told me (a number of times, cause I keep asking) that most people do not gain all the weight back.  Some do, most don't - but most do gain back 10 or so from the lowest weight you hit.  So far, I've had no problem maintining my weight loss --  I'm sure you'll be fine too!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views