15 weeks post op- 65 lbs LIGHTER!

(deactivated member)
on 2/4/10 1:09 pm

HI EVERYONE,
   I'M SO THANKFUL FOR WLS SURGERY AND ESCASTIC ABOUT MY WEIGHT LOSS SO FAR. IT WAS WIERD THE OTHER DAY AT WORK SOMEONE TOLD ME I NEED TO BUY SMALLER PANTS AND MENTIONED I WAS SKINNY , ALL I COULD SAY WAS "IM NOT SKINNY."

IT'S REALLY WEIRD THAT ALL OF A SUDDEN I AM GETTING REMARKS FROM PEOPLE BOTH POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE - EVERYONE AT WORK HAS AN OPIINION MOST ARE POSITIVE BUT A FEW PEOPLE'S HAVENT BEEN.

ONE OF MY FELLOW NURSES - SAID "ITS GOOD THAT YOUR NOT GOING TO BE OVERWEIGHT ANYMORE BUT NOW YOUR GOING TO LOOSE YOUR BEAUTIFUL FACE." WTF
I DIDNT KNOW BY LOSING WEIGHT I WOULD LOOSE MY BODY STRUCTURE, LIPS AND EYES..UGH SOME PEOPLE ARE SO RIDICULOUS.

ANOTHER QUESTION: i still am not getting enough protein - im almost 4 months out and i can maybe eat almost 1 egg with a slice of cheese or a quarter of an english muffin. My 3 month post op labs were all within normal ranges but im nervous that my weight loss will cease because of my lack of protein. Anyone have suggestions, the protein shakes dont agree with me and ive tried tons. I only eat twice a day with one snack.

anyone have any great recipes they would love to share with me, i am a picky eater unfortuantley (i hate yogurt, applesauce and seafood to name a few things) haha

any advice would be greatly appreciative thank you!

RazzyRobyn
on 2/5/10 11:35 am - West Boylston, MA
I also hate traditional yogurt... the consistancy makes me want to be sick. However a friend suggested Chobani Greek plain yogurt with splenda and vanilla extract and it's so yummy. The greek yogurt is creamy and not like traditional yogurt. It also has TONS of protein in it. So I hit my target each day when i eat this.

I would suggest that you buy a little cup of Chobani (plain) and add something to it just to try it. I hope you will like it. I know I have had good luck with it.
Robyn

Highest known weight 268 lbs.
Lowest weight since surgery 115 lbs.
Currently maintaining at 125 lbs.

My RNY has saved my life and given me a new life!

cdonarumo
on 3/3/10 7:23 pm - chelsea, MA
I agree the greek yogurt is so yummy, I have 1 a day.  I cannot tolerate the protein shakes as well, they litterally make me gag.  I drink Isopure (the grape flavor only).  One bottle has 40 grams of protein.  It is very light like drinking Kool Aid or Crystal light.  I purchase it at GNC.  I hope this helps.  Congratulations on your weight loss

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views