Could I be done losing weight at just 4 months?

michellemc0
on 2/4/10 11:50 am - bridgewater, MA
Hi all,

I had my RNY on 9/28 and have been easily losing weight all along since the surgery--weighed 234 day of surgery, and weigh 165-ish now.

The problem is, the last 3 weeks I have bounced between 163 and 167 and mostly just cannot break through 165 and stay there!  I am beside myself--is this the weight I will stay at?  I have 30 more pounds to go to be a good weight for me.

I am stressing out over a few family and financial issues and haven't been my usual 'good' self about monitoring my protein intake, etc.  the last month.  I wonder  if the stress is affecting my weight loss?  

I guess I just need some reassurance that the weight will continue to come off if I stick with the program. OR--will it stop?

Thanks in advance,
Michelle
Michelle  ~~~  241/233.6/118.6/125 Starting/Surgery/Current/Goal    
   a few pounds below goal right now!

nicunicu2002
on 2/4/10 9:21 pm - Sharon, MA
Michelle:

Just hang in there...everyone goes thru stalls.  Keep on track with things as well as far as your protein intake goes.  Make sure you are keeping track of your calories as well especially with you going thru the stressful times you are having.  Increase your water intake if you need too.  Some people will tweek their caloric intake (make it a little higher) and then adjust back to their baseline and this might help too.

If you arent excercising, you should try that as well.  Hang in there, your not done yet!  Everyone forgets that as you lose weight, you have less fat to lose, so it does slow down significantly! 

keep us posted..

kim

tauntonredsox33
on 2/4/10 11:41 pm - Taunton, MA
From what I hear we all hit a stall I think I'm at one myself.... However I know I'm having an issue with the Carb Monster!!!!  lol  I'm addicted to crackers and peanut butter!!!!!

I have made a not to myself to stay away from carbs and increase my protein.....

I think waht you need to do is take care of you!!!!!! No one else will..... track what your eating and increase protein and you'll be back on track!!!!!

Take care keep us posted
Melissa
Melissa M. 
HW 250/SW 217/CW 117/ 1st GW 133/ 2nd GW 117
        Reached my goal!!!!!!  
RazzyRobyn
on 2/5/10 11:30 am - West Boylston, MA
Hey Michelle,

I have been at 169-170 for almost the 4 weeks now. I too have been stressed and not keeping up monitoring my protein and such.

It's like a bunch of peeps are all stalling out right now!  We must try to think positive and forge ahead even though it's tough when the scale does not move. (I know easier said than done.)

All you stalled out WLS peeps, let's reach out to each other if we need support to get through this bump on our journey. Feel free to PM me or find me on Facebook if you need me! :)

Robyn

Highest known weight 268 lbs.
Lowest weight since surgery 115 lbs.
Currently maintaining at 125 lbs.

My RNY has saved my life and given me a new life!

LisaBC86
on 2/7/10 7:28 am - Bridgewater, MA
Hey Michelle- don't forget when the scale doesn't move the way we want there is inches being lost - very often - and I HAVE seen you - and you are looking good so...... It's still working - but everyone is making good points when they tell you to take care of YOU !!

It's hard but just think if you do take care of you - you are more able to handle the other stressful things in your life - and you know I"m here if I can help !!

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views