Not moving down

self_love22
on 1/29/10 3:35 am
Why do I feel like my weight is not dropping? I see the difference in my clothes and I feel great. I sometimes forget I had the surgery 7 weeks ago because I eat everything I use to just smaller portions of it. I drink the protien shakes. Why am I not moving or am I just being over anxious? I see some people melting but I feel like I am at a stand still. Help please.

anewleaf
on 1/29/10 4:06 am
It's so frustrating!  I remember someone saying (it may have been at one of the support group meetings at UMass?) that when the scale isn't moving, that's when we're losing inches.  It's like our body's have to catch up, it loses weight, then inches, then weight, then inches.  I think this is true.  I'm only 3 weeks out and I notice that the scale creeps and may stand still for days and then all of a sudden I might have a 3 or 4 pound loss.  The days it just stands still though, I don't like.  It's upsetting, and frustrating, but I try to remember the inches thing, and it's helped me.

I am impressed (and hopeful) about your current diet.  I took two teaspoons of cottage cheese 10 minutes ago for lunch, haven't had even half a teaspoon, and can't imagine getting any more in.  Just so full so fast.  Maybe in a few weeks I'll be able to have a real "meal' with variety, instead of two tiny bites of cottage cheese for a meal. lol

MaeFB
on 1/29/10 5:51 am - Townsend, MA
 I don't know about the diet, but don't worry about the weight. It's stairs, honestly. I didn't TRULY understand until I started experiencing it for myself, and it's amazing how long you can go with no loss, then BAM, five pounds. 

Start tracking your weight every two weeks, or even every month. THEN you'll see the difference. I went from 170 to 161 this month. I probably had WEEKS where I didn't lose a pound, but I just won't look at the scale every day. The scale is still scary!

Good luck, and keep calm. ;D It'll work out, we're here for you!!

RazzyRobyn
on 1/29/10 11:11 am - West Boylston, MA
I had a stall for over 3 weeks and that was about 4 weeks post-op. I was sooo upset... but I can tell you that looking back.. there are weeks that you don't loose on the scale but you are loosing inches. I felt the same way you did back at the end of August 2009, and here I am down 74 pounds since surgery.

I can tell you that I have had a slow month this month... just hoping I keep loosing inches.

Try to keep your chin up. If you have any questions just let me know!  :)
Robyn

Highest known weight 268 lbs.
Lowest weight since surgery 115 lbs.
Currently maintaining at 125 lbs.

My RNY has saved my life and given me a new life!

self_love22
on 1/29/10 5:00 pm
 Thank you guys. I know it's being seen in inches.  I've been avoiding the scale but of course when I weigh in I face this issue. I hear many people weigh in once a week.  I just want to feel a difference and enjoy the loss while weighing in every other week but now I feel anxious and concerned and feel like I'll become a prisoner to my scale by weighing in every other day. 
I appreciate the comments and responses. Not sure how I would make it without OH and my support group. 

LisaBC86
on 1/30/10 11:41 pm - Bridgewater, MA
Personally I think anything more than once a week ion the scale is to much. Our weight changes to much to do it everyday. I chose once a week because I'm trying to establish good habits now ! When this "tool" stops working I want to be sure I stay accountable so - for me - waiting a month to weigh would be just to long. We have to find what works for US and individuals - but everyday I really do think will make one neurotic !! 

As far as losing inches YES - I think it goes back and forth - stalls are very aggravating !! I've had 2 times when I actually GAINED - ughh but right back on track so......... for me the last few months (I am 9 months out) I've lost very little HOWEVER it seems like I've gotten thinner - so it has to be the inches !! We need to learn to stop gauging our successes on the scale - we have to figure in the inches, smaller clothes sizes, how you FEEL, etc. Sorry I'm not meaning to lecture !!

And Robyn you are so still loosing - can tell in the pics you're posting - looking beautiful !!!

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views