NEW TO WEBSITE>.

(deactivated member)
on 1/26/10 1:02 pm
Hi everyone,
    Just wanted to introduce myself - Im a 26 year old Registered Nurse who works in the ER... and has wls 3 months ago. I have lost 60 lbs in 3 months and could not be happier. I live in southeastern mass and dont pronounce my R's...i wish everyone the best in their weight loss journey.

I do have a questions: Can people recommend how to get more protein daiily - i am lacking in that dept and i know it would be beneficial if i got more protein especially for weight lost. I have tried a few kinds already and cant stand the chalky taste of any of them! PLEASE HELP!
thinsomeday
on 1/26/10 10:00 pm - webster, MA
hi there -
welcome!  i feel like i could have written this!  i too am an RN...had surgery 3 months ago...lost 60 lbs..and i struggle with getting protein in like it's my job!  i have spent so much $ at the vitamin shoppe on protein powders, bars, RTD shakes etc and all make me gag!  i did just find a tolerable muscle milk in mocha that was fine and a pure protein bar (at CVS) chocolate chip that i liked too.  the drs will tell you to get it from food - but it's easier said than done.  one thing i have been buying - well 2 things...light and fit yogurt in vanilla (5g) with special k plus (10 g) mixed together - that's a 15 g proein snack.  or the cereal with milk is 18 grams - heated in the microwave - yummy!  there is only so much eggs, cottage cheese, cheese sticks a girl can eat!  besides, ham, chicken meat in general - i don't do so well with. 
best of luck and i will be following this thread to see the advice you get - i need it too!
k
ClareB
on 1/27/10 12:22 am - MA
I love Greek Yougurt like Choban etc.  It is LOADED with protein.  I eat the plain kind.  Since it is sour, I add in splenda or more recently I started adding in sugar free jam.  It is so good. I also add in fresh bananas or even granola..jus****ch your sugar counts.

Good Luck and WELCOME!!  I dont get on here too often.  I had WLS on 9/29/2008.  RNY at Winchester Hospital.  I am struggling to keep on losing but I have hit ONEDERLAND!!  A total of 130 lbs down.  You can do it.  and you will  
suesrn3
on 1/28/10 11:22 am - Fall River, MA

I am also an RN in the Southeastern MA area (I don't pronounce my R's either) . I love Greek yogurt mixed with splender, sugar free flavored syrup and some fruit mixed in. Super high in protein and yummy.

The protein drinks I like are Matrix cookies and cream and chocolate flavors I mix 1 scoop with water and ice and different flavored sugar free syrup.
My favorite is chocolate flavor protein powder with pepermint patty syrup! Yummy.
Or Chocolate protein powder with Toasted coconut and almond sugar free syrups (think almond joy bar).........

suesrn3
on 1/28/10 11:25 am - Fall River, MA
Oh and the pure protein bars (both flavors) are great!

M M
on 1/28/10 8:57 pm

There are tons of protein supplements out there that taste - great - what kind of flavors do you prefer - I could probably throw out some suggestions.

Otherwise - eat food!  Greek yogurt, eggs, egg whites, egg substitute, tofu, lean meats, cheese, nut butters, beans... all high in protein. 

LisaBC86
on 1/30/10 11:46 pm - Bridgewater, MA
Welcome - congrats on what you have accomplished !! Keep up the great job !

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views