UMass Discussion Group on Thursday

RazzyRobyn
on 1/28/10 11:00 am - West Boylston, MA
Thanks Mara! :)
Robyn

Highest known weight 268 lbs.
Lowest weight since surgery 115 lbs.
Currently maintaining at 125 lbs.

My RNY has saved my life and given me a new life!

Marcia C.
on 1/27/10 1:33 pm - Holden, MA
I would love to go but that is my flute choir night! I would hope that they would be dicussing another evening option. :) The second evening being two weeks after the Thursday meeting....

I have felt a bit stranded .... I wish I had a chance to complete a questionaire.

Wonder if they had considered sending the questionaire to all the patients from the weight center to see who would come if there were other options :)  or if they had any suggestions.....

anewleaf
on 1/28/10 9:56 am
At the beginning of the meeting tonight Kathy (I am not sure exactly what her role is, she was with Robin, both have been at previous meetings, both wear white coats) was explaining the new meeting schedule.  I came in five min. late so missed the very beginning.  What I got out of it was this:

The next two meetings will be on the 4th Thursday of the month, so Feb 25 and March 25.  After that, they will be on the 3rd Thursday of the Month, so, April 15, May 20, & June 17.  There is a problem with having enough space for the orientations so that's why they're moving our meetings around, the orientation meeting will now happen in the room we meet in but on a different Thursday.  So we'll still have the same room, too, Lazare Auditorium, but this way they can accomodate more people.  I guess they've had to turn people away b/c the room has been too filled up for the orientation meetings (fire codes, etc).  

In addition to this change, a new meeting will be offered as well, my take on it is that it will be for post-op people.  I'm not clear if it will be run by a clinical staff member or what the case may be, I think they said something about guest speakers, so maybe it will be different speakers every month, I'm not sure.  But AJ said he will not be running those meetings, he'll be in the audience with us.  These meetings will be on the 1st Thursday of the month.  AJ said he'll post something on his blog about this (If you don't have it, it's www.ajleto.com, click on "Blog" at the top).  Kathy also said when Dr. Gitkind gets back (he's away for something, can't remember what) that he'll post the revised schedule on the weight center website: http://www.umassmemorial.org/MedicalCenterIP.cfm?id=3387 so it will coordinate with the handout of dates they provided tonight, apparantly Dr. Gitkind is the website go to guy.  

Hope this helps!
J

Mara C.
on 1/28/10 11:20 pm - Millbury, MA
Thank you so much for the update J!  Should be interesting!
              LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat      RNY Maintenance

"Create your day"
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views