Building Blocks Protein Powder in Cupcake Batter

M M
on 1/24/10 8:49 pm

Building Blocks Protein Powder in Cupcake Batter

Picture 31 

I'm having a grouchy pouch day.  (Have I mentioned how much I hate the use of that term?  I have a grouchy pouchy, wah wah.)  But, I am.  With that in mind, a creamy protein drink sounded quite appetizing this afternoon.

I tried Building Blocks new line of protein powder that they just sent me - Building Blocks Protein Powder [Cupcake Batter].

103 calories, zero sugar,1 carb, 25 grams of protein -- that's a super choice for any part of your WLS post op diet. 

Protein Isolate Cupcake

The label suggests adding one scoop to 8 ounces of water or milk.  I went crazy and had two scoops in 16 ounces of cold water, in a Blender Bottle.  As usual, I like to try new protein powders in ONLY water, to get the real taste, no adding anything in the first taste test.

I shook the cup for a while, and took a sip.  I got a clump up my straw.  Normally, this would have sent me to the blender to whip the crap out of it, or to the sink to dump it out.  I didn't.  It was so sweet, I kind of enjoyed that little clump.  I know, eww, right?  

The flavor is "Cupcake Batter," so I guess I was "It's supposed to be batter. It's batter.  Batter is like this." 

Vanilla_ Cupcakes
 Then I shook the living daylights out of the bottle and?  It was perfectly smooth.  

The protein smelled like a sweet buttery vanilla.  It tastes just the same, and...

IT IS DELICIOUS IN WATER.  Alone.  NO DOCTORING IT UP.  In fact I drank the entire thing in minutes. That's some good protein powder, and considering it has very few ingredients, I am impressed that it tastes that good.  (Some of the proteins that I have adored have a laundry list of ingredients and non-hydrogenated creamers and this and that...)

More, please.

tauntonredsox33
on 1/25/10 12:57 am - Taunton, MA
How can we get a sample of this??

Sounds sooo good!
Melissa M. 
HW 250/SW 217/CW 117/ 1st GW 133/ 2nd GW 117
        Reached my goal!!!!!!  
M M
on 1/25/10 1:37 am

It IS.

From BB:

"Currently we do not have samples in the protein shakes. This was done to keep production costs down so we could keep this product affordable for you. We are researching alternative methods of sampling to see if we can find a way to make this happen in the future, but please note this is currently not available. Don't forget, orders over $100 are eligible for free shipping. Order your vitamins and protein powder at the same time and save on the shipping. For a little over $1 a serving this is a great way to get in 25 g of protein and 3 g of fiber!" 

Jennifer M.
on 1/26/10 12:15 am, edited 1/26/10 12:15 am - NY
It sucks that they dont have any samples as I am very picky and I dont wanna spend $36 on something I may or may not like. I have a ton of unjury as soo many people recommended it, and I hate it.. I spent over $100 getting those..and tried some other brands and hated them too..the only shakes i like are at planet smoothie in the local mall here..tastes like im drinking an actual milkshake..yummy

Granted I do have Building Blocks Multivitamins and the Iron chewables, and they are awesome!!

Love always, Jennifer

I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand. ~ Susan B. Anthony

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
M M
on 1/26/10 12:16 am
Most companies don't have samples of big tubs.  I think in the future we'll see more of that happened.  This is why I usually have 30 lbs of powder sitting in my cabinet!
Jennifer M.
on 1/26/10 12:19 am - NY
I also wanna say thanks to you beth... for being our guinea pig...for testing things so people have a better idea on what is good and what is bad (though I know everyones tastes are different). Usually when i try the new things you suggest, i usually like them..such as the building block vitamins..

Love always, Jennifer

I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand. ~ Susan B. Anthony

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
M M
on 1/26/10 12:21 am
I enjoy it.  :)
abp4596
on 1/26/10 1:01 am - MA
I dont like the protein shakes at all.  I tolerate Glucerna just to get in the protein I need.  I need to try more to find the right one!  The cupcake batter sounds yummy!!  That should be next on my list.
M M
on 1/26/10 1:04 am

You're missing out -Glucerna is awful in comparison!

Have you tried any other ready to drink proteins? 

abp4596
on 1/26/10 1:08 am, edited 1/26/10 1:08 am - MA
Ive tried the EAS whey protein powder as well as the GNC ... YUCK

The bullets were nasty, too sweet, and not the right protein, and the Nectar was gross too.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views