Frustrated

Sue M.
on 1/19/10 12:48 am - Nantucket, MA
I hate UP.  scares the daylights out of me.  could be time of the month, could be one salty meal...could be muscle gain, it's a *****  I feel you.

I give myself a 5lb window.  I can go up or down 5lbs before I need to panic.  I'm currently UNDER the 5lb window, and I have to figure out if that's ok, or if I need to gain a little.  It's hard to say down is a bad thing when we've spend our lives trying to lose, but I don't want to be scary skinny.

Sometimes you have to remind yourself that you will not wake up fat again.  It just won't happen overnight.  You keep following your plan, and 1lb UP will be gone next week, because you are doing all the right things, and sometimes, that DOES include having a "treat".
Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
LisaBC86
on 1/19/10 1:03 am - Bridgewater, MA
Thanks Sue (and everyone else) All of you have such wisdom - and it really does make things better to know others have gone through it -

Sue I love your 5 lb. windown - I think if I were at goal - I could probably do that but not quite yet - lol But I shouldn't panic about the lb. I know - I think that one of the reasons I did - was because I was NINE lbs. from my goal and now I"m back to TEN - but you are all right - we just have to keep it up and keep going !!!!

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
Beckstar
on 1/19/10 11:39 pm
Lisa,
I'm going through the same thing right now, but for me it's more like 4 lbs.  I went away this past week but I was visiting a friend so it's not like I was eating out or eating "badly."  If anything I think I ate less or about the same as I do at home.  Instead of the gym I walked/jogged 4 miles (one time 6) outside.  Plus I was doing other stuff.  I drank soooo much - over 120 oz per day.  And still a gain. 
I'm going to the gym today - I just got home last night.  Thanks for writing this and remember it's all relative.  I feel I busted my butt and I gained like 4 lbs!  I wish mine was just 1 lb.  Hoping for us to both wake up tomorrow down 10 lbs LOL.
michellemc0
on 1/25/10 4:03 am - bridgewater, MA
Well all I can say is I saw you last week and it was one of those moments where you could really see a change--you looked fantastic--you know how sometimes other people don't really notice a 'new' weight drop right away and then out of nowhere you're getting comments left and right?  Well , I felt like when I saw you you had obviously lost considerable more than say 3 months ago.  

I really think the extra exercise is the culprit--think of all the muscles in your legs that got worked out and got just a little more 'muscle' as opposed to 'fat' and that would make the difference. 

I know, it doesn't make any sense food wise that you would go up, since you're still wayyyyy under calorie amounts for gaining!  I would chock it up to exercise/new lean muscle and be happy I look so great!!  (I know how freaky it is though to see it go up even for a day so I feel your pain but really, the hard work you've been doing really shows)

Michelle
Michelle  ~~~  241/233.6/118.6/125 Starting/Surgery/Current/Goal    
   a few pounds below goal right now!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs