UGH! I'm being bad.

MaeFB
on 1/11/10 2:31 am - Townsend, MA
 So, I haven't felt like this in years. I have the worst throat infection OF MY LIFE here, right now. 

I haven't been so glad and so nervous since surgery about my health. I can barely swallow, and my doctor put me on methylprednisolone along with more Prilosec (Because it's a steroid, but also does affect inflammation) so that the swelling can go down and I can eat. She was asking about my appetite, and I told her I hadn't eaten since... Saturday! Yikes.

I know this is bad, and I've barely had water, too. (Let's face it, swallowing my own saliva hurts enough to make me cry, why would I wan****er and food too?) I'd be in SO much pain if not for the surgery, because I'm not hungry and I doubt I will get hungry. The problem is... Well... I don't know if the two or three days without food is going to hurt me a lot. I hope not, I just don't feel like I can possibly take a bite of food. Even soup hurts. Man!

I know we have delicate systems here post-op, but... Am I being really bad? Should I just suffer through the pain and the crying and try to force something in me? Ugh. I don't like that option one bit.

Sue M.
on 1/11/10 4:01 am - Nantucket, MA
any sipping of water and protein drinks will help at this point.  you REALLY don't want to get dehydrated or you will end up in the hospital for fluids.  Hopefully your throat will start to get better fast and you can endure more sipping.  You can do a few days of shakes and soft foods - don't worry about eating for now.

Make sure to keep tabs on how you are feeling - any changes for the worse and you should call your surgeon!
Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
LisaBC86
on 1/11/10 11:42 am - Bridgewater, MA
I think Sue's advice in on the money !! 

Hoping you feel better soon. I feel for you !!

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2252 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views