New Year !!!

LisaBC86
on 12/30/09 8:02 pm - Bridgewater, MA
Ok so as we say good bye to 2009 and hello to 2010 - what are your resolutioins ? I know I know - everyone hates this question but....... Not only what is your resolution but HOW are you going to achieve it ? What is your plan ?

For me as for most of us that have already had surgery - LOSING weight will NOT be my focus for the first time in FOREVER !! Here are mine with my plan....

In the Year 2010 I pledge to .

1. Continue to make healthy food choices and  use food for what it is ENERGY !! 
     My plan to do this is to keep healthy foods in the house, shop carefully, and journal.

2. To improve my exercise regimen and be more consistent.
     My plan is to give myself a space for it (actually did this already), start journaling what I'm doing
    and create a DAILY habit for myself !

3. To be a positive person in my community, family, etc.
    My plan is to always try and find the positive and learn from every experience enabling me to
   be a positive role model.

4. To become more organized in all aspects of my life.
   My plan here is not clearly identified yet - any suggestions ? But the one major thing I can think 
  of is NOT to procrastinate and do it NOW - things tend to pile up when I don't.

5. To decrease my debt.
    My plan is to spend less and work hard at trying to minimize what I owe.

6. To ENJOY life everyday - LIVE LOVE and LAUGH and appreciate every day that God has given me.

Of course I could continue for a long time BUT these are my major SIX.. What are yours ??

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
Mara C.
on 12/30/09 9:58 pm - Millbury, MA
Can I just piggy-back on yours?  You wrote that brilliantly!!!
              LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat      RNY Maintenance

"Create your day"
tauntonredsox33
on 12/30/09 10:01 pm - Taunton, MA
What a great post Lisa  Happy New year to you too....

I don't really have a New Year's resolution.. I never stick to them..lol

But I have to admit I need to do all the same things you are doing, hopefully with your support and everyone else on OH some of them may just happen !

I actually told myself I need to start journaling... I don't think... NO !  I know I'm not getting enough protein in at all daily and I really need to work on that.   

I have been in a funk the past few weeks I'm not sure if it's due to the Holidays or my levels are off and not getting in my protein...   I did make a call to my PCP to have my Prozac..lol  in liquid form to see if that helps. I don't think it has been absorbing like it should in pill form... I called Tufts and they were useless!!!! 

OK enough of me venting.. sorry just needed to get this out and I feel better been keeping this all to myself.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!  BE SAFE!
Melissa M. 
HW 250/SW 217/CW 117/ 1st GW 133/ 2nd GW 117
        Reached my goal!!!!!!  
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views