8 days post op

frostymomma
on 12/28/09 8:37 am
I'm now 8 days post op. Feeling ok. Every now and then I get really nauseous. I am still having trouble getting in more than 50oz of liquids. I never thought drinking would be this difficult.
 Any suggestions?

LisaBC86
on 12/28/09 10:42 am - Bridgewater, MA
Keep trying and go slow - you'll work your way up !! It was very difficult for me too but much better as you go along ! Congrats and good luck !

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
michellemc0
on 12/29/09 7:27 am - bridgewater, MA
I know, it's soooooo hard at the beginning.  Just do the best you can.  I had nausea too and I thought it would never go away (it has).  I found that switching drinks helped--I got very sick of the same one over and over.  Also, I love ice so I always made sure to have tons of ice in the freezer.  I used popsicles as well--they are fluid.  This time of year the clear broths might help keep you warm and meet your fluid goals.

A few days out I was thinking "oh, this is the worst!" but my 3-month anniversary of my surgery was yesterday and I really feel wonderful.  Hang in there.  Take care, Michelle

Michelle  ~~~  241/233.6/118.6/125 Starting/Surgery/Current/Goal    
   a few pounds below goal right now!

AwesomeForever
on 12/29/09 9:20 am - Marlborough, MA
I know it says to drink more but you cannot drink that much at first.

I found that warm water worked best for me. I did try popsicles as well. If the drink was too cold I would feel a crampy knot down in my pouch. I sipped and sipped. Watch that you do not tip your hand too high and drink.

Enjoy your new life as it unfolds.

Congratulations.

Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs