Post op day 3

LilyGirl06
on 1/6/10 2:14 am - Boston, MA
I'm reading your original post and your response all at the same time.  I'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better.  While I'm sorry the beginning is so tought, I'm really glad you posted this.  I've got 5 weeks until surgery and now Iat least I have a feeling of what to expect.  I know surgery takes away the ability to eat/drink all but I always wondered how people handle the feelings and cravings.  BIG HUGS and congratulations! 
frostymomma
on 1/6/10 2:24 am
Good luck with your surgery Lilygirl06,
I think it was especially difficult because 2 days after I got home for the hospital was Christmas, and as we know most of us celebrate with food or large famil meals. It was tough looking at all the goodies I was "missing out on" I tried to focus on how I could change the recipes to make them WLS friendly once I am able to eat them.  
The further out I get from the surgery the more those first few days become a distant memory. However each week/day comes with new questions and concerns. But it does get easier.

I am thankful that I found this site. I like to be able to ask questions anonymously with out feeling that I will make a fool of myself or be embarassed.

LilyGirl06
on 1/6/10 3:29 am - Boston, MA

Thanks, Frostymomma :)

Ahhh, I can't even imagine how tough it must have been going through the holidays right after surgery.  YIKES!!!   Having a positive attitude is your best defense.  As I've slowly been telling close friends/family about the surgery, I'm surprised by the number of people who start talking about what I "can't have" after.  Well, gee, probably all the stuff that I shouldn't have been having before!  Pre-op, I'm trying to take your stance and focus on how to make it good after.

I'm so glad I found this site also.  And I especially love that everyone feels free to talk about EVERYTHING and ask any question imaginable.  I'm sure that for everyone that says "TMI" there are 10 others saying "whew, I'm SO glad s/he asked that."

Good luck on your journey.  Can't wait to join you on the path!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views