Some Christmas sweets

RazzyRobyn
on 12/21/09 8:21 pm - West Boylston, MA
Hi there.

I thought I would share a thought or two. See Christmas was all about eating and desserts for me before sugery. Obviously that's different now. Well, I've been dreading doing all my holiday baking as I know I can't eat any of it.  Well, I saw in the Swiss Colony catalog they had a sugar free Confections tin. It was not cheap but I thought it might help me through so I felt that I had some treats. It arrived yesterday. Again, you don't get alot for your money, but I don't need to eat alot. So, while constructing gingerbread houses last night I wanted a treat. So, I opened the tin and ate one sugar free petit four. YUMM! And I can't believe it but it totally satisfied me!! Before surgery I could eat 5-10 petit fours in a sitting, now one did the trick!  Anyway, if any of you are looking for something like this, I will post the link for you.  It has petit fours, brownies, and some chocolate candies. Of course you have to watch the sugar alcohols, but if you eat one piece or two at a sitting, you should be all set.

http://www.swisscolony.com/Sugar-Free/Candy-Shop--Chocolate/ Sugar-Free-Confections.pro?fpi=2186&catCd=AW

Happy Holidays everyone!!

Robyn

Highest known weight 268 lbs.
Lowest weight since surgery 115 lbs.
Currently maintaining at 125 lbs.

My RNY has saved my life and given me a new life!

Mara C.
on 12/22/09 12:18 am, edited 12/22/09 12:19 am - Millbury, MA
Thanks Robyn.  I guess my limit on sugar free sweets needs to be just one also -- last night I ate 3 tiny sugar free peanut butter cookies and felt SO SICK to my stomach I had to go to bed!  I was a sweet eater, so maybe I need to realize they just aren't going to work in my new life and cut my losses and decide when & if I do need a fix just one will satisfy!
              LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat      RNY Maintenance

"Create your day"
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views