Can anyone suggest a GOOD GP at UMASS?

MrsClaus09
on 12/10/09 10:54 am
GP, internist or family doctor??  I need to switch my regular GP and I want a doctor who is understanding to those of us looking into surgery.  And, want someone who will understand that nutritionist after nutritionist and a diet of 4 saltines and 6 gallons of water a day doesn't work for everyone.  And, someone who is OK with dealing with patients who may have a bowl full of jelly.  Just looking for a intelligent general practitioner at UMASS who is decent to, and understanding of, larger people and our decisions to look into surgery as  tool to help us get to where we want to be.  Thanks  a bunch!
My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
RazzyRobyn
on 12/11/09 1:45 am - West Boylston, MA
I go to the Adult Primary Care department at UMASS in the Benedict Building on the Univeristy campus. My primary care doctor is Dr. Yan Li. She is really nice and was very supportive of my Gastric Bypass. (She referred me to the UMASS Weight center without question.) I would guess/hope that the entire practice should be that way.  I don't know if Dr. Li is taking new paitents but you could check. The only thing with Dr. Li is she's a bit difficult to understand because of her accent.

Good Luck!
Robyn

Highest known weight 268 lbs.
Lowest weight since surgery 115 lbs.
Currently maintaining at 125 lbs.

My RNY has saved my life and given me a new life!

Paul L.
on 12/18/09 3:31 am
I've been seeing Dr. Fournier at the UMASS Family Medicine Clinic for 20 years now. You won't find a better Primary Care doctor. Not sure if he's taking new patients, though.

Good Luck.
High - 277
Surgery - 239
Now - 217
Goal - 145

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost