juice and cold cereal...and gagging on protein!

thinsomeday
on 12/8/09 12:11 am - webster, MA
hey all -

i am 6 weeks out - doing well.  haven't cheated  or tried anything sugary just yet.  i am howver craving juice and cold cereal.  what seems to be some safe foods in that area? 
the protein and water will be an ongoing issue i feel!  i have spent a fortune in protein supplements - they all make me gag - why is that??

thanks!
kat
Just Brooke
on 12/8/09 1:05 am
I don't know anyone personally who says they loved their protein shakes! 

I was told with juice to do sugar free and water it down 50/50. And for cold cereals I like Cheerios Yogurt Burst ...or the Cheerios Multi Grain.

Mara C.
on 12/8/09 4:14 am - Millbury, MA
Hi Kat,

I was in the same boat!  I have also spent a fourtune on protein suppliments and get the same sick feeling from all of them.  Bot my NUT and surgeon both said, stay away from them for a while and get protein from foods.  He even said as long as I am getting enough protein from food, I never had to do protein suppliments at all.

Thanks for asking this, I was interested in trying some cold cereal with milk too... I am getting sick of yogurt, and cottage cheese now!!!  So excited to work back in the other food groups too!
              LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat      RNY Maintenance

"Create your day"
LisaBC86
on 12/8/09 5:19 am - Bridgewater, MA
I know everyone is different and surgeons say different things - but my question / comment is how can we eat cereal (I'm assuming you mean you're eating it with milk ?) because that would technically be eating with our meal right ?

We discussed this recently at our meeting ..... Different thoughts......

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
Just Brooke
on 12/9/09 11:13 pm
I wondered the same thing and haven't really gotten a real answer. I can't eat a lot that is for sure ...it sort of feels like sloshing around in the pouch. Maybe not use as much milk as you would of before surgery? I guess it could be the same as soup ...if you are eating the "chunky" ones and you are eating/drinking the broth wouldn't it be the same? I don't know.

DwindlingFlower
on 12/10/09 7:49 am - Quincy, MA
Hello All,

I am new to OH, but glad to see that I am not the only one craving cold cereal.  I am only 2 weeks out from a lapband to RNY conversion and am dying for something of structure in my mouth, that doesnt sound right but you know what I mean, something other than mush....

DwindlingFlower

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views