Mouthgasm.

M M
on 11/20/09 10:23 pm

Isopure Smoothie MOUTHGASMIC. Totally.

I am sipping something amazing.  TOTALLY MOUTHGASMIC.  I warned you.

A ready to drink protein smoothie.

Isopure-smoothie-2

It has:

• 100% Pure Whey Protein Isolate
  • 32 grams of protein in 16 ounces
  • No Lactose
  • ALA Omega-3's

Amazing, right?  It tastes that way, too.  

Isopure has introduced me to this protein smoothie, and I got a little too excited when it arrived here.  They sent me some to sample and review for the site.  I am a huge smoothie fan, but they're hard to find in forms that I can actually INGEST.  

These ready to drinks have 200-230 calories, about 2.5 grams of fat, 13 sugars and 32 grams of protein for a whole bottle.  

"BUT! Beth, sugar?  That sounds amazing, and I'mma let you finish, but I can't have SUGAR?!"

Fear not.  The sugar is primarily coming from pure fruit purees, a teensy bit of sucrose and sucralose.  In this bottle of the Berry Pomegranate, the fruits are:  strawberries, pomegranates and raspberries.

The smoothies also contain omega oils from ground flax seed and fish.  Both of which, are entirely immersed and absolutely non-taste-able.

So, how does it really taste?

Photo 1

I had to fight this bottle off my child, she kept taking it out of the fridge and asking for it.  You see it's in a crazy tie-dyed pink colored bottle, and she thought it was something special for her.  Once I snuck it out, nice and cold, I opened it and did the sniff test.  

The smoothie has a sweet berry smell and a bit like yogurt, but only slightly.  Again, this is the Berry Pomegranate flavor, the smoothies also come in other flavors, an Orange Peach and Orange Berry.

My first sip was a surprise, the smoothie is very thin, no thickness to it.  I think I may have expected a thicker formula due to the word:  "smoothie."  It's not.  It's not viscous at all.  You cannot TASTE the protein, but you can feel the fruit and protein are THERE.  They are blended to complete obliteration though.   There is absolutely no protein dry mouth feel afterwards.  

It's super sweet and tastes a lot like the fruit puree that's in it with a touch of sweet yogurt-like flavor. There's nothing sour about this flavor.  No pungent yogurt flavor or bitter fruit, it's luscious.  

The whole bottle would give me:

• 230 calories
  • 2.5 grams of fat
  • 21 carbs of which are coming from fruit
  • 32 grams of protein

For a non-gastric bypasser, it's amazing perfect, drink up.  Now.

For a long term gastric bypass post-op, it's nearly perfect, drink up.  My only concern is for those like me that might be super sensitive to fruit.  Drink at your personal limitations.  I might consider pouring half into containers and using half at a time because I REALLY like it and would totally have it for supplements all day long.  You could also consider blending this into some ice, it's sweet enough to dilute into something else to either bulk it up or dilute to your carb-preference.

For a newbie post gastric bypass'er, it's an amazing opportunity to have something that doesn't taste like arse!  For a newbie, I would pour four ounces at a time into a serving and sip.  

• Product - Isopure Smoothie
  • Price - About $3.75 each
  • Via- Isopure Company, KTHANXCANIHAZMOAH? 
  • Available - Very limited right now, at 
  • Pros - 32 grams of protein chillin in a super-yummy drink with omega 3's, fruit puree and amazingness
  • Cons - Fruit carbs, which means I can't chug two bottles at once.
  • Rating - SuperPouchworthy, I actually called it mouthgasmic, TM,MM.
*Disclaimer - simply because I feel the need to.  This is not a paid review, because I Don't Do That, I got a couple freebie bottles'o'protein and I loved it.  I like it when that happens.  Carry on.
Kathy V.
on 11/22/09 10:15 pm - MA
THX for the review.  Sounds like it is worth a try !!!!

.....kathy   

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views