A little about me

John Corley
on 11/9/09 8:21 am - Quincy, MA
I posted this in the Main forum, but inted to post it here.
I feel like I am a turtle at times. I am on my back and can't roll over, like what the hell? Is it my big belly? Was it because I ate a real big meal? It was because I keep eating too many big meals is what it is. I have a neuromuscular disease called Charcot Marie Tooth disease, it is a disease that falls under the MDA. I cannot walk like I used to in order to lose weight. I also got hurt at work in December 08 and had surgery in June. I ruptured my tendon in my elbow and crushed my ulnar nerve. Even if I eat the right foods. It's hard to exercise.  I have gone on the so-called diets, I have gone to Overeaters Annonymous. I have lost weight before and keep finding it. I am getting closer to 300 lbs and I am not looking to have a party if I make it. I am borderline diabetic, I have sleap apnea real bad, I have high blood pressure and can't breathe that well, and I have to use leg braces to walk yet still have difficulty walking. Stairs are tough these days. I am happily married and have a 4 1/2 year old daughter and I want to be here for them.

I gained over a hundred lbs in almost 5 years. It started when my wife was having a troubled pregnancy and was on permanent bed rest and My wife Val had severe pre-eclampsia, they induced labor and Victorias heart rate dipped quickly and they had to perform an emergency C-Section to Val to get her out, Victoria had no heartbeat when they got her out, so they successfully revived her. They wheeled her to me on the way to the N.I.C.U, and touched her head and said I will be the best father anyone could ever have. Then 45 minutes later I went to see Val, and there she was trying to take off her oxygen mask and then she FLAT-LINED, I was jumping from corner to corner and was going out of my mind and the stupid nurse wasn't acting quick enough and was saying somebody help but was not loud so I went into the hallway and screemed blooy efn murder.she was gone for almost 2 minutes, that 2 minutes was like an eternity for me.  I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from it and was being guinea pigged with meds and gained a lot of weight also from quitting smoking. I love my LITTLE family. We have more love than a lot of HUGE families out there. Live to Live, and Love to Love, Live to Love to Live, and Love to Live to Love...

I finally have an appointment to see the surgeon. His name is Dr. Hess. I have heard great things about him and have 2 friends that he has operated on. I am excited, but it's in January. Well, I guess it's better than never, and it's after the holiday season.

I am hoping to have my life back and to do more with it.

Just Brooke
on 11/9/09 9:26 am
Welcome!! Your comment about being a turtle made me chuckle!

HutchBiorn
on 11/9/09 1:06 pm - West Springfield, MA
LOL! Turtle comment got me as well. I know how ya feel man. It's hard. But welcome here, there's a lot of nice folks in here ready and willing to help in just about any way you can imagine. Good luck to ya as well. :)
Starting weight 309

Don't try to confuse me, I was born this way.

LisaBC86
on 11/9/09 8:19 pm - Bridgewater, MA
I know you don't believe it but January will be here before you know it !! Wishing you much luck in your journey !!
Hope to see you on here lots - you'll get lots of great advice and more important moral support ! Also just so you know we have a great group that meets in Bridgewater if you are interested - you're welcome to come to the next one - pre-ops are more than welcome and encouraged - as that way you really know what you are in for ! If you're intested contact me !

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
tauntonredsox33
on 11/9/09 9:52 pm - Taunton, MA
Welcome to the boards John !!!!
Everyone here is great and we look foward to sharing your journey !!!!
Best of luck!!!
Melissa M. 
HW 250/SW 217/CW 117/ 1st GW 133/ 2nd GW 117
        Reached my goal!!!!!!  
CATHERINE81
on 11/10/09 1:11 am - BROCKTON, MA
 warm wishes and big huggs to you and your journey.. Welcome
John Corley
on 11/10/09 2:50 am - Quincy, MA
Thanks for the lovely welcomings, I really appreciate it.

AwesomeForever
on 11/10/09 5:35 am - Marlborough, MA
Welcome to the weight loss journey of your life.

Linda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views