My 34th Birthday...

RazzyRobyn
on 11/7/09 9:21 pm - West Boylston, MA
So my birthday has come and gone and I have survived. It was a bittersweet time for me. Many good things to reflect on:

1. First time being under 200 pounds on my birthday, I honestly can't remember the last time I was below 200 for my bithday, 10 plus years?
2. The scale yesterday morning knew it was my birthday and it finally broke my stall, I now weigh 188.  :)
3. We actually had my son's 6th birthday party on my b-day, as his birthday is on the 16th, and I'm away scrapbooking at a Vermont Inn next weekend. :)

But I had some tough thing****ting me as well:
1. Food is sooooo tied to your birthday... going out to eat, eating cake, ice cream. I felt kind of blue as I knew I could not have my sweets. It's the first time since my surgery that I really felt mad that I could not have cake. I had wanted to go  the Sugar free bakery, Chatila's, but there was not enough time as it's 45 minutes away. I will try to get some for me for the holidays, I will let you know how I make out.
2 My first birthday since my Grandpa died. It's been a very tough year. He was very supportive of me getting RNY, but he passed before I had my surgery. I'm kind of sad that he can't see me now. It hit me hard when I received my birthday card from my Grandma and it was only signed by her. I miss him and it's hard.

One good thing, we went to Natick as I wanted to check out PF Changs for dinner as I wanted to try the Chicken Lettuce Wraps, they are a huge FAV for me. (I have the nutrition info that the rest emailed me.) Well, it was sooo busy and my son needed to eat that we went downstairs and went to the MET BURGER BAR.  Since the only meat I have good luck with is ground meat, I thought I could tolerate a burger. So, for one, MET BURGER BAR was fabulous before I had my surgery. Their burgers are fabulous!  So, I ordered a "topless/bunless" burger with Vermont Cabot Cheddar cheese. I put a little ketchup on it too. I also had a little 2 oz cup of their chili too. So I nibbled on my burger and ate the chili (nice and mildly spicy) and I did very well! I ate maybe 1/5th of my burger, but it was good!

So, I move on from my birthday feeling good but it was a challenge. I am very blessed for my supportive family. Now I look forward to my scrapbooking weekend in VT next weekend. I just pray that the Innkeeper will do what he says and cook within my dietary restrictions. :)
Robyn

Highest known weight 268 lbs.
Lowest weight since surgery 115 lbs.
Currently maintaining at 125 lbs.

My RNY has saved my life and given me a new life!

LisaBC86
on 11/8/09 12:38 am - Bridgewater, MA
Hey Robin !!!  It is amazing how much of our culture is centered on FOOD. Birthdays, promotions, every kind of celebration, even dying !! I always knew this but didn't reallly GET it until after the surgery ! 

I think it's normal to "mourn" food as people who live is such a food based society. It is a mind over mattter thing - and I honestly think it's a ONE meal at a time type deal - we have to just keep going - forgive our mistakes and relish in our victories !!

I understand the loss of your Grandfather - that is a kind of pain that diminishes with time - but NEVER goes away  - this Wednesday will be 30 years since I lost my Dad and it is still very painful.

So CONGRATS on your victories and hold strong !

I think the key is learning to eat for nutrients, energy not for inclusion (not quite the word I wanted but can't seem to think of the right one !! )

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
RazzyRobyn
on 11/10/09 10:35 am - West Boylston, MA
Thanks for the nice post Lisa!!  :) I really appreciate it!

I hope you're doing well!
Robyn

Mara C.
on 11/9/09 12:05 am - Millbury, MA
Robyn,  you inspire me with your great attitude despite some of the hard obstacles you are facing.  I hope to learn from you, and try to have that attitude as I come upon similar ones myself.  You seem like a smart, strong person, and I have no doubt you will be very successful in becoming a much more healthier you!
              LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat      RNY Maintenance

"Create your day"
RazzyRobyn
on 11/10/09 10:37 am - West Boylston, MA
Hi Mara,

Thanks for your kind words.  I know I just take each day one at a time... the best I can. Some day are better than others.  :)

If you ever have questions, I'm here!  Hope to see you next week at the support group meeting!  :)
Robyn

Mara C.
on 11/10/09 11:00 pm - Millbury, MA
I am planning on going to the meeting next Thurs, let me know if you'd like to meet up just before it.
              LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat      RNY Maintenance

"Create your day"
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views