I've got a date and a question!

celnik30
on 11/7/09 9:07 pm
Hi everyone - I dont post much, but I do lurk when I can. Just wanted to post because I am so excited - I have a date - December 1st!! Yea.. I'm a little excited :-)
   I did find out that the Dr. wants me to have an upper endoscopy.. Can anyone shed some light on it? I know what it is, but does it hurt? Am I awake or at least seriously drugged? Will I need my hubby to drive? - etc... Sorry, but the idea of someone sticking a camera down my throat just doesnt appeal much to me. LOL
  Any words of advice?? - Thanks!

“Just because an animal is large, it doesn't mean he doesn't want kindness; however big Tigger seems to be, remember that he wants as much kindness as Roo.”
    Cel

Just Brooke
on 11/8/09 12:39 am
I had it done twice and from my experience ..tell them you want to be fully asleep.

With the first one they just heavily drugged me and I was still awake though. I freaked out and if it wasn't for my Mom being there to consent to put me all the way to sleep (they said she had to consent because I had drugs and wasn't allowed to sign for myself) ..I would of not had it done. So off to sleep I went.

I had another endoscopy a couple months ago for something else and I told them with the first one I freaked out and they said they'd put me right to sleep, and they did.

It's not as big as surgery. You are awake in like 5 minutes. And I wasn't groggy the rest of the day. You can't drive whether you are all the way aslee*****t. You do get drugs either way and they say no driving after.

celnik30
on 11/8/09 6:54 am
Hi Brooke - Thanks for the info! When they call me, I am going to ask to be put out. It doesnt sound fun at all, but if that's the only thing in my way, then I am doing it! I know it's pretty minor, but if you dont know about it, then it's kind of scary - to me anyhow.. Thanks for the no driving info also - I will have to tell my boss I need another day off.. He will be thrilled - not! Hmmm - maybe they will start to appreciate me a little bit. LOL

“Just because an animal is large, it doesn't mean he doesn't want kindness; however big Tigger seems to be, remember that he wants as much kindness as Roo.”
    Cel

up4it
on 11/8/09 1:27 am
HI  congratulations
I just had my surgery 11/4 and I needed a hiatial hernia pushed and stitched back into my stomach,, and now I have to schedule an endoscopy to make sure i dont have Barrett's I pray all
will be normal    
celnik30
on 11/8/09 6:56 am
Hi Up,
   How was your surgery? how long were you int he hospital for? I keep thinking it will be maybe 3 days.. When is your endoscopy scheduled? - I hope it goes well and that you dont have Barrett's also! - Good luck!

Cel

up4it
on 11/10/09 7:15 am
my surgery was ok I was admitted  on 11/4/09 and discharged on  11/5/09 I had the LAPBAND I wont get scheduled until like 4 weeks after my surgery date.. Thank you BEST
of luck to you also  
MultiMom
on 11/8/09 4:06 am - NH
Hi Cel,

I know nothing about an endoscopy, but I wanted to send out my congratulations on getting a surgery date!!

Martha

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

celnik30
on 11/8/09 6:57 am
Hi Martha!
   We havent spoken much, but I want you to know that I do appreciate your friendship and encouragment - a LOT!
   Thanks for the well wishes and I am sending them back to you!

Cel

LisaBC86
on 11/8/09 7:17 am - Bridgewater, MA
Congrats and good luck on both procedures !!

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
celnik30
on 11/8/09 7:40 am
Lisa - Thanks! I have waited for over 6 months now, so I am good and ready!

Cel

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views