I have a date with Doc Casper.....

HutchBiorn
on 11/5/09 12:37 pm - West Springfield, MA
Admittedly, it's only a first visit, consult to see if he agrees with me having surgery...but as all the other docs I have talked to say, there is no reason why he would say no. So... hopefully he will sign for it and it won't be too long before I have a date with destiny. All the docs say here tell me, once he approves, it's sent in to insurance and surgery usually come 4-6 months from send off. With my problems though, they are guessing within 4 months. So, keep your fingers crossed for me. :)

Hutch
Starting weight 309

Don't try to confuse me, I was born this way.

LisaBC86
on 11/5/09 7:52 pm - Bridgewater, MA
Fingers crossed - good luck !! Keep us posted !

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
HutchBiorn
on 11/6/09 2:51 am - West Springfield, MA
Thanks. I will.
Pat T.
on 11/6/09 8:59 pm - North Attleboro, MA
I'll keep my fingers and my toes crossed for you!  This is such an exciting time!  Sending out only good thoughts to you...!

Patti

ObesityHelp Support Group Leader - WOW: Working On Wellness
HutchBiorn
on 11/8/09 8:48 am - West Springfield, MA
Thanks Patti. Gotta admit... I have been reserching and thinking about doing this for 15 years now... now that the time is so close to a real possibility, i'm getting scared.
Pat T.
on 11/9/09 2:20 am - North Attleboro, MA
I know I was nervous too as my surgery date got closer!  I thinks it's only normal - But I kept thinking positive thoughts and it helped ease the pain (so to speak).  I also tried to keep myself busy so I didn't have a lot of down time to think about it.  What I tried to do was focus on getting ready for the surgery and for when I came home after the surgery.  It gave me a feeling of being more in control of what was going to happen to me and how well I was going to do.

I think you'll do just fine!

Patti

ObesityHelp Support Group Leader - WOW: Working On Wellness
HutchBiorn
on 11/9/09 1:02 pm - West Springfield, MA
Gods... I hope so. I've been keeping myself busy...there's no problem with that. And if I can't find something to do myself... I have a house full of people who can and will and my girlfriend as well.

I do admit though, the other day I took my girl out for dinner, was gonna do a movie to, but she wasn't feeling good... Went to Friendy's. Yea, I know they have good healthy stuff to eat.. but I slipped. Ate a steak smothered in onion and some other stuff..their version of a southwestern steak...mashed potato, coleslaw and clam strips. Only the second time i've slipped since starting the diet. First time was a huge dang burger from Wendy's. :P

I'm doing better now. The heavy cravings for bad food ain't as bad as it used to be.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views