OG!! Back from my evaluation!! Surgery is in January!!!

(deactivated member)
on 11/5/09 6:08 am

OMG I am just amazed at how fast this process is moving!!!

I'm having my surgery done at Lahey Burlington!  I had my consultations today with the RN, dietician and psychologist.  All 3 said I was a perfect candidate!!

The only thing the RN is requiring of me....lost 10 lbs and attend 4 behavior eating classes!  THAT'S IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I have a 4 week follow up and a meeting with the surgeon in December and as long as I've lost 1/2 - 1 lb a week at that point, I'm a "go" for the first week in January!!!!!!!!  In TWO MONTHS!!!!!!!

Insurance is being submitted in the next week but she says that she doesn't see any reason for them to decline. 

LisaBC86
on 11/5/09 7:53 pm - Bridgewater, MA
Best of luck to you !!!

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
Sue M.
on 11/5/09 10:49 pm - Nantucket, MA
Whoohooo!

I don't know if you need any help, but I tracked my calories on thedailyplate.com (there are other sites that do this too) and set it to lose 1 or 2 lbs per week, and it worked pre-op GREAT for me!

Congrats and best wishes for continued success!
Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
hisgirlfriday77
on 11/6/09 7:41 am - Lynn, MA
I'm having my surgery on January 4th as well. Congratulations on your approval! 2 months is going to fly by. I'm so excited!

Katie 
Pat T.
on 11/6/09 9:00 pm - North Attleboro, MA
Congratulations!  I had my surgery at Lahey this past April.  They have a very good program.  I'm not an expert, but if I can answer any questions about the Lahey program, just ask away.  I just had my 6 month follow-up appointment and it went very well (yeah for me!).

The time will just fly by, especially with all of the preparation and then your pre-op testing.  You'll wonder where the time went - lol!

Best wishes on your journey,

Patti

ObesityHelp Support Group Leader - WOW: Working On Wellness
(deactivated member)
on 11/11/09 10:36 pm
 Hi BostonMommy!

I just read your post and made me a little nervous. If you switch our name, everything you said is what they told me too. Just hope that it is because we are on the same boat at the same time!!! HAHAHAHA!!

When are you doing your classes? My first class is Dec 2nd. That was the first opening they said. Would LOVE to chat with you more!!  Congrats!!! I am so excited myself and can't believe how fast things are going as well.

Hope to talk to you soon.
(deactivated member)
on 11/12/09 6:23 am
Hi Angel - I think I'm on such a fast track because I have zero co-morbid conditions and other than my weight, I'm healthy as a horse.  So I didn't need to go thru extensive testing.   Is that the same in your case??   So I'm mainly working with the dietician to address my eating which is my biggest problem (naturally).  Right now I'm to meet with her every 4 weeks.

Do you have Pam O'Brien for a NP??  OMG She's awesome!!!  I LOVE her!!

I'm also starting classes Dec 2nd!!  I'm doing 10-11:30 classes those 4 weeks!

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/09 5:25 am
 Hey Missy - Same in my case! My Primary Care Doc tells me I am a
"healthy" Fat person....LMAO whatever that means(no other issues aside from the Lbs)!!!  I want to take care of this now so I don't have any issues in the future. Yes, I have Pam too and LOVE HER!!   WE will be in the SAME Class     Nice to be able to see a familiar face on day 1. Our only difference is our choice of procedure. Looking fwd to meeting you!. Have a great weekend.

- Marisa
(deactivated member)
on 12/2/09 10:48 pm
Hey Marisa....sorry I bolted after class!!  I had to pick my daughter up from pre-school and the frickin' parking garage is like a 20 minute hike!!!

Nice to meet you (in person)!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views