Had gallbladder removal surgery...

hisgirlfriday77
on 11/2/09 6:07 pm - Lynn, MA
Thanks to the Percoset, my sleep schedule is all out of whack. I've been awake since midnight.
I had my surgery at 10:15am and while removing my gallbladder, my surgeon also found an ovarian cyst the size of a cantaloupe. So they deflated and removed it along with my right ovary and fallopian tub. I'm still a little confused as to how I could have no idea it was there. I felt like one of those woman on "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant!"

Anyway, I'm in a little pain... like someone kicked my in the stomach. I wonder if the gypass surgery pain will be worse because this, I can handle.
My sister is here taking care of me. I've told her about my upcoming surgery and made her promise not to tell my parents so I can tell them at Thanksgiving. It's going to be a tough conversation but I've got to get this weight and diabetes under control.

Surgery in 2 months and 1 day... can't come quick enough.
NeedhamGal
on 11/2/09 10:39 pm - MA

I am glad you had an experienced and confident surgeon who took care of this for you.  I bet when you recover you will feel so much better without that extra baggage.
Take it easy and let your family pamper you.   I had gallbladder surgery and I think the pain was worse than the RNY....so your next surgery will be  a breeze!
Make sure you get out of the house so you don't go stir crazy. Even a trip to CVS can do wonders!
be well, joan

Valerieb09
on 11/3/09 9:27 am - Seacoast, NH
Hijack!
Hi Joanie!

Revision June 9, 2008
Lapband to RNY
117 lbs. lost as of 09-08-10
Dr. David B. Lautz~~~~~Simply the Best!
Brigham & Women's Hospital

Boston, Massachusetts

MaeFB
on 11/3/09 8:14 pm - Townsend, MA
 Congratulations on this milestone for surgery! Don't worry about the pain. I had no pain after surgery except the ten minutes when they took me from recovery to my room. My pain pump was turned off about ten minutes earlier, and 20 minutes without the meds was enough for me, thanks. I felt stiff, that's it. I'm a total baby about pain, too. Like, really bad. So when I say there was no pain, I mean it. The most painful part was my own stupid fault. I stepped on the catheter. Don't do THAT, and you'll be ALL set. Honestly a kick to the stomach sounds MORE painful than how painful the surgery was.

Good luck in telling your whole family!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views