I want a cupcake or peice of Birthday cake for my birthday on 11/7...

RazzyRobyn
on 11/1/09 6:58 am - West Boylston, MA
Have any post-op RNY patients tried any of the products from Chatilla's Bakery in Salem, NH?

Check out their website...http://www.chatilasbakery.com/products.html

I'm seriously considering driving 45 minutes to go buy a cake for me!  :)

Any feedback?
Robyn

Highest known weight 268 lbs.
Lowest weight since surgery 115 lbs.
Currently maintaining at 125 lbs.

My RNY has saved my life and given me a new life!

Mara C.
on 11/1/09 7:21 am - Millbury, MA
Oh my, I am weeks away from trying anything like that, but please let us know if it is tasty!
aliveagain
on 11/1/09 7:27 am
 I have not had their cakes but the cookies are delicious! Jus****ch the calories,fat etc.. the cookies usually have about 40-50 calories each, which is fine since sometimes I can't even finish a whole one. The other pasteries  there are much to high in calories and fat. I wouldn't take a chance.

Happy Birthday!!
Mara C.
on 11/1/09 7:31 am - Millbury, MA
Oh yeah --- Happy Almost B-Day Robyn!!!
LisaBC86
on 11/1/09 7:32 am - Bridgewater, MA
NO idea about this place - but I will tell you - you may be surprised. My mom insisted on buying me a birthday cake even though I assured hubby I didn't want one. So of course - it's my mom - so I had a tiny little bite to make her happy - and quite honestly it was YUCK !! And believe me when I tell you - chocolate cake was indeed my BIGGEST down fall and I just didn't want it so...........

I will say HAPPY BIRTHDAY early !! I have a son whose birthday is tomorrow and the other one's birthday is on the 14th of this month !!

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
kawkbw
on 11/1/09 7:40 am - MA
I've never heard of this place.  Let us know how you like it.  I did have some of a cupcake this summer ( about 1/4) and, like Lisa posted, it was just ok.  Somehow it wasn't the same this time (not sure why).  But Happy bIRTHDAY TO THE NEW YOU!
thinsomeday
on 11/1/09 8:46 pm - webster, MA
i don't know it either - do they have specialty cakes?  are you looking for something sugar free?  i wonder if places even make sugar free versions of their items...they must...i am too scared to look at the website! :)
Just Brooke
on 11/1/09 8:53 pm
OMG, what ever you do ...don't touch a piece of regular cake.

Everyone is different BUT it's so not worth it.

Do you have a Stop and Shop near by? I noticed yesterday they had a section of sugar free things in the bakery - cake included!!!

MultiMom
on 11/1/09 8:53 pm - NH
I just refer back to one of my favorite phrases that I learned here on OH.... "Nothing tastes as good a thin feels".

Martha

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

jdr1208
on 11/2/09 10:58 pm - Worcester, MA
hey robyn, i havent heard of them but if you go let me know how it is!

happy birthday!!!

my husband has a recipe for s/f wls friendly chocolate cupcakes, we modified them a little by adding some torani s/f caramel syrup to them, and adding a little more milk cuz the original recipe was dry.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views