No more cigs!!!

michellelee30
on 10/29/09 5:00 am - Auburn, MA
I have decided today is my day.  No more cigs!  I got my call yesterday from my NUT saying I passed to the next level now I meet with surgery for a consult and schedule my surgery.  I should be hearing from them within 7-10 days for consult and be in for surgery within the next 7 weeks the lastest.  They of coarse dont want me smoking and I lied (sshh) and told them I quit back in May.  So now this is my day.  I know it wont be easy but I did cut down to 3-5 cigs a day and have been smoking that for about 2 yrs now.  I can do this!!!
Michelle

jdr1208
on 10/29/09 5:12 am - Worcester, MA
good luck! today is my day too. we ran out of money and the cigarettes took the heat. they're not worth it. other than wanting to stuff my face and hit every coworker i have upside the head with a frying pan... i think im doing ok

jill
michellelee30
on 10/29/09 5:20 am - Auburn, MA

LOL you made me laugh, just try not to hit anyone and i will try not to too.  Good luck to you.  I also have to try not to replace the cigs with food maybe sf lollipops or something for a few days or gum.  Hang in there we can do this.
GL Michelle

jdr1208
on 10/29/09 5:28 am - Worcester, MA
im drinking water like its going out of style, we cant do gum after the surgery ever again... and i have to be careful what i eat anyway cuz i am so cool i get to have braces woo hoo
i havent hit anyone yet, not my style really, although i did get in a fight with my fax machine, i won, and ive decided fund accountants really urk me. but... an hour and i can start my 2 hour commute home, woo hoo lol!
good luck though sweety, i dont know how long you've been smoking but this is the 3rd time ive tried to seriously quit
hopeful and happy
on 10/29/09 5:41 am, edited 10/29/09 5:41 am - Skinnytown, MA
I quit on August 9th, and honestly, it was easier than I had expected, this time around! And I think it was because I was doing it for the surgery, which was a good enough incentive (not just the promise of "better health".

Also, not sure if either of you are coffee drinkers but there is a coffee falvored Committ lozenge that was actually pretty yummy and definitely aided in my abilty to quit.

Good luck! I am 3 days out from surgery and I already know that everything I have "given up" is worth it :)

michellelee30
on 10/29/09 6:24 am - Auburn, MA
Congrats on quiting and on your surgery!!  Good luck to both of you in your journeys!!  Thank you for the support
Michelle

Mara C.
on 11/1/09 7:30 am - Millbury, MA
Good luck, it is hard but if you are really ready you can do it!  I quit many times, but did the last time when I got pregnant and didn't go back.  I would occasionally have one with a friend if we had a ****tail, but more than that, I could see myself slipping back into it.  It's not worth it you are doing some major changes for your health like this surgery, so this will show yourself how serious you are about changing your lifestyle for the better.  Stay focused and determined, you can do this, and don't need it to control your life any longer!  Best wishes with it!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views