A Fun Halloween? Yes!

MaeFB
on 10/28/09 2:05 pm - Townsend, MA
I'm not kidding, I really think I'll enjoy this first Halloween after surgery!

I don't actually like candy that much, but I do love costumes and passing out the candy.

And this year I bought an Alice in Wonderland costume, and it was so easy to shop, and I didn't get gouged by having to shop for a plus size costume! I'll post pictures, I think, after I go to Salem on Friday or after the kids Trick-or-treat on Saturday. 

Anyone else have fun plans for this Halloween? 

LisaBC86
on 10/28/09 8:43 pm - Bridgewater, MA
I've always enjoyed Halloween !! We decorate our house quite a bit - we have spooky music playing, a fog machine that blows bubbles and we sit on the front porch with a fire going - We always hear from the parents that the kids LOVE coming to our house. So YES I'm going to enjoy Halloween, PASSING out BUT not eating any candy !! And I have liked it but interestingly enough have not really missed it !!! YEAH !

Enjoy your night !!

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
jdr1208
on 10/29/09 1:14 am - Worcester, MA
we arent doing anything and we havent even bought a pumpkin yet! but we're taking jordan trick or treating on my street for his first trick or treating. my neighbhorhood seems pretty good so im hoping there are lots of kids. which reminds me we have to buy candy... but next week after i upload the pictures i will update on how jordans first halloween that he can remember was (last year was technically his first halloween but he wasnt a year old yet and too little to do anything so i just dressed him up as a penguin for daycare lol)

jill
MaeFB
on 10/29/09 2:21 pm - Townsend, MA
 Aww! A Penguin is so cute! All of us girls at Fashion Bug in Lunenburg are dressing up, and we get SO squealy and girly when little kids come in on the day of in their costumes! It's a lot of fun. Right from baby pumpkins on up. Can't wait to see how his Halloween goes! Have fun!

jdr1208
on 10/29/09 11:29 pm - Worcester, MA
um... i have a habit of dressing my son up whether its halloween or not lol!
heres a few. but the penguin is last years halloween, the rest are just me dressing him up (i had him in a cow costume 2 days after he came home from the hospital)

this year he'll be tigger, we're going to go up and down my street. ill post pics of that on monday!

jill

Mara C.
on 10/30/09 2:44 am - Millbury, MA
Jill, he is so adorable!!!

I am only a week out today from surgery and going to try and take my daughter 2.5 yrs out trick or treating and to a kids party next door, I hope I can do this!
jdr1208
on 10/30/09 2:46 am - Worcester, MA
hey Mara! how are you feeling? ive been sporatic around these parts, robyn and i live on the same street and even we havent gotten together yet! things are crazy!
you should be fine tomorrow, just take it slow and if you feel tired, rest rest rest!!!

if you ever need anything i can PM you my number
Mara C.
on 10/30/09 3:41 am - Millbury, MA
Thanks Jill, so far the lactose free shake I got (Muscle Milk) is going down w/o nausea, but I am scared to try lactiad with the CIB...  I have about 18 boxes in my cupboard though!

I can't believe you and Robyn live on the same street too funny!  I hope you guys can make it to the support group 11/19, I'd love to meet up!

Have a fun and safe Halloween!
MaeFB
on 10/31/09 10:25 am - Townsend, MA
 I had a BLAST being Alice at work and handing out candy! I hope you ALL did too.

kawkbw
on 11/1/09 7:50 am - MA
this was the first time in maybe 15 years I got dressed up!  LOVED IT!!   I was a 50's girl.  i would post a pic but I'm not sure how too..LOL  Hope everyone else had a great time!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views