Approved and waiting (also introducing myself)

hisgirlfriday77
on 10/28/09 3:40 am - Lynn, MA
I figured it was time to stop lurking and say hello to everyone. :) My name is Katie and I'm sheduled for RNY on Jan 4. It seems like a long way off but I have to work around my job. I am the Assistant to the Producing and Artistic Directors at a theater company in the Berkshires.

I moved out here 7 yrs ago from Lynn, MA to get my degree in Arts Management and never left.

I am having my gallbladder removed on Monday. I wouldn't have known about Phil (my gallstone who is the size of a filbert) unless my bariatric surgery hadn't required an ultrasound. This will be my first surgery.. not counting wisdom teeth. Not to mention that I live alone, 100 miles away from family and good friends. I'm a little nervous.

Thats where I am at the moment. Anxious for January... trying to quit smoking with Wellbutrin.

Is anyone else near the Berkshires?
LisaBC86
on 10/28/09 6:27 am - Bridgewater, MA
Sorry - no where near you - but wanted to wish you luck and welcome you !! January will be here before you know it !! Believe me !! 

Congrats on making this life decision and feel free to post and / or ask any questions !!

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
shutterbug88
on 10/28/09 11:01 am - South of Boston, MA
Congratulations!  and welcome.
Good luck on having Phil removed on Monday!

MaeFB
on 10/28/09 12:25 pm - Townsend, MA
 Good luck having Phil removed, and welcome! I'm not IN the Berkshires anymore, but I did go to college for a while in North Adams and I lived on campus then. I LOVE the northern Berkshires area, but I never went much south of Deerfield. What area are you in? Pittsfield? Adams? Greenfield? Hahah. 

nicunicu2002
on 10/29/09 9:34 am - Sharon, MA
Welcome aboard..the time will fly by for your surgery date!! Please keep us posted and let us know how you are doing.  This is a wonderful group and so many people on here can be an excellent resource for the questions that may pop up.

kim

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views