BMC Dr. Hess, BMC Healthnet insurance approval

goalechica
on 10/23/09 6:33 am - Waldorf, MD
I know when I first started looking at these boards, I had a very difficult time deciding what to do. There wasn't much information available regarding my insurance. Now that I've gone through all the beginning stuff and have a surgery date and insurance approval, I wanted to go ahead and give a little review of the program.

I have Commonwealth Care, BMC Healthnet. For that reason and because I'd heard great things about him, I chose Dr. Donald Hess as my surgeon. Everything went very smooth. I went in for my first visit and was told I was a good candidate, that was followed promptly by pre-op testing, and then visits with the dietician and nutritionist. I made it to my support group meetings, and they were great about working around my schedule. The Psych test was a bit of a pain, they are a bit overbooked for it, but it got done.

What I was most excited about is that Dr. Hess's office submitted for approval to the insurance company on October 20th. I received a letter today from my insurace approving me, and it's dated October 22nd. The team at Dr. Hess's office told me that there wouldn't be any issues because my insurance works well with them, and I just wanted to confirm to anyone that's curious that they do indeed seem to deliver on that!

Starting Weight/ Surgery Weight
        255                   237                     

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views