I'm leaving...

M M
on 10/20/09 9:54 pm
Well, sorta.

I'm leaving on a...

... well, in a car.  I'm off to New York for an Obesity Help Event tomorrow morning. And instead of packing my bag, I'm over here rambling about,, actually going somewhere... because is it "vacation?"

Although the Mr. is technically On Vacation as of tomorrow night, any/all of our would be sitters are going away actually On A Vacation, so Mr. could not accompany me to the event.  (Oh, he's all torn up about it, I promise.  O-o.)  Vacations at the casa de la MM aren't vacations, we usually just catch up of things that have lapsed in the house and little piddly things, we haven't vacation-ed since 2005 or so, aside from one or two bad camping experiences since then.

He's on his own to make brownies and roast turkeys until Sunday afternoon, but let's face it.  He. Loves. It.  Having been working full-time since he was 16 year old, staying home with the kids makes him happy.  He'd be a good at-home parent, probably better than me. 

Hell yes we would swap.  Wife Swap!  No, but, if I landed a job making more than he does (and could keep blogging) I would totally go to work and let him be a Stay At Home Dad.  I could not take HIS job as a Bank Branch Manager, but I would love to find something else?  ;)  I could do most facets of his job, but the whole daily balancing **** is for the birds.  "We're off $12,000, oh, whatever, we'll find it tomorrow."  Not really my thing. 

If I could GO to work, GO being the word that we are missing, there are a hundred things that I would like to do, I just need training and experience and schooling, so GO-ing is unlikely. 

At my experience, I'd land a job hanging feetie pajamas at Target making $20,000 a year full-time and we'd be back to where we were in 2000 paying $1000 in rent on $20,000 a year.  (We don't rent, although I wish we did, and it's way way more than that, but I thought I was trying to make a point, that it was super hard.) 

We don't need toilet paper this month, do we?  Yeah, no.  Thank you Mr. for working, and unless I can match and increase, you really do have to.  GAH.

Which is not what I started this post to discuss.  That Mr. loves to stay home and bake brownies, he does.  I don't. 

I am sure I would change my tune once I had to get out of the house by 7am everyday, as I sit here in my pajamas drinking coffee shuffling kids out the door.  I don't have to get dressed at all, frankly.  I could stay in jammies all the time.  (I don't.)  But, I could!

I was posting to tell you that I AM going away for a few days to the Obesity Help Event.  I am going to take an unfortunate number of photos this time, because I'm going in an attempt to be "social."  So, I guess that makes it a bit of vacation, huh? 

A bit, yes. Going to sleep in a hotel On A Bed Like A Starfish Because I Can --- that alone --- is a vacation.  (Why?  Because I spend most of my nights curled up on my side with a seven year old on this side, a three year old on that side, and Mr. falling off over there.)http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4e/Starfish.JPG

CATHERINE81
on 10/20/09 10:33 pm - BROCKTON, MA
Good Morning

This post is awesome.. Well its like a vacation.. I'll look for you there Lisa and I should be there by 7 tomorrow night.. this post put a huge smile on my face and ive been with out my click for two days (amazon should be dropping me a package by today lol) so you just gave me a boost..
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views