Nervous about tomorrow PLEASE HELP

michellelee30
on 10/20/09 1:59 pm - Auburn, MA

My name is Michelle and I have not had WLS yet. On 9/23 I reached my 5% pre-op weight loss goal but still needed to wait one month for the team to meet and discuss me along with all the rest who met the goal to pass to the next level which is a consult with the surgeon. Tomorrow I go back to see the nutritionist as we need to go every month and they still havent met to have the meeting but they scheduled me for a follow up and I think I may have gone up close to a pound. This may not seem like a big deal but if I did gain weight for any reason even tho I think its related to my monthly cycle they will not pass me to the next level. I am afraid that if I cancel my appt to wait it out for them to have there team meeting as they meet at the end of each month then the wont pass me for not following up monthly. EEERRRR My appt is at 9 am so I figured I wouldn't eat brkfst before I go and I will be sure to wear very light clothes as they weigh us dressed, I dont know please anyone have any advice please help????????

Also I started this process (journey) in February and really hoped to have been further than I am at this point. My husband will be home this winter as he works a seasonal job and I am kinda pressured for time as well, if I go to far into fall/winter without being in for the surgery then recovery will be hard for me as I have 4 kids (ages 1,2,7,9) to care for when he returns to work.
Thanks Michelle

LisaBC86
on 10/20/09 9:36 pm - Bridgewater, MA
Breathe !!! I would go to your appointment - you don't want them to think you're not committed either !! Go - if you're up - explain - they may accept it may not - but you need to do what you need to do !! I think if you've done what you need to up to now and have only gained 1 lb. that should be acceptable - I mean AFTER the surgery we gain !!! So.............

Best of luck !!!

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
Mara C.
on 10/20/09 11:23 pm - Millbury, MA
If you have documented your foods, I would bring a week of that with you to to show you have been changing your eating habits.  Maybe they will be more likely to accept a pound or two if they know you are making effort to change your lifestyle. Good luck, and remember it all will happen as it should... stay calm.
michellelee30
on 10/21/09 12:01 am - Auburn, MA
Thank you all for your replies and encouragement. 

I just got home from my appt and it all went well.  On 9/23 my actual weight was 228.4 (although she documented 228) and today I was 227.6.  So I actually lost almost one pound and I am doing great nutritionally she said so I am all set on her part.  I will have my behavioral med monthly group meeting tonight at 6 and the team should be meeting within the next week to "pass" me to the next level.  Thanks for all your support.  I knew when I started this journey it wouldnt be easy, but I also know it is all worth it!!!
Thanks again Michelle

LisaBC86
on 10/21/09 7:10 am - Bridgewater, MA
congrats on everything going well ! Keep up the good work !!  YEAH for you !

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views