UMASS monthly support group meeting on 10/22

RazzyRobyn
on 10/20/09 3:05 am - West Boylston, MA
So, who plans to attend this week?

I would love to meet up and sit with anyone of you!   :)
Robyn

Highest known weight 268 lbs.
Lowest weight since surgery 115 lbs.
Currently maintaining at 125 lbs.

My RNY has saved my life and given me a new life!

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/09 3:20 am, edited 10/20/09 3:20 am
Robyn, do you know if the support group is open to anyone who had surgery - or just patients of UMass?
RazzyRobyn
on 10/20/09 3:29 am - West Boylston, MA
This is the link that talks about the mothly support group meetings.

http://www.umassmemorial.org/MedicalCenterIP.cfm?id=3737

To be honest, I'm not sure if it's considered closed to people who are not paitients of UMASS. They don't ask you anything when you show up to the meeting. It's run by a fabulous speaker and the meetings just run as an open discussion about whatever we all want to talk about.

I can't imagine they would turn you away, but if you want to be sure, you can call the Weight center, their info is in that link above, and ask.

It would be great to meet you.
Robyn

Mara C.
on 10/20/09 7:36 am - Millbury, MA
Next month let's definitely meet up, I won't be there this week since I am having surgery the day after and still have a million things to get done!  But def let me know if anyone is going next month, I have only missed two in the last year, they are great!
Katie H.
on 10/20/09 9:42 am - Charlton, MA
I'm planning on going!

I was just there today for my year appointment with Czerniach, but I'll be back on Thursday!!

"Running has the power to change your life. It will make you fitter, healthier, even happier."   ~Selene Yeager, "Let's Get Started," May 2010 issue of Runner's World

thinsomeday
on 10/20/09 11:37 am - webster, MA

I will most def. be there!  Hmm..lord knows what I will be wearing.....most likely jeans and a black hoodie...i'm 6 feet tall so tough to miss!  just wave me down -  i will check back on here thurs before i leave.  too see who else is in.
i would say anyone could go - they don't check or anything.  sooooo worh it - aj is a riot! 
i have my preop testing in the am!!  7 more days!!!

RazzyRobyn
on 10/22/09 2:04 am - West Boylston, MA
I plant to be there tonight... probably wearing a green jacket, red sweater shirt and skirt!  Hope to see you all then!
Robyn

Katie H.
on 10/22/09 6:57 am - Charlton, MA
I'll be in a brown long sleeve & ripped jeans - classy, I know but the jeans were off the JUNIORS rack so I like sporting them!!

"Running has the power to change your life. It will make you fitter, healthier, even happier."   ~Selene Yeager, "Let's Get Started," May 2010 issue of Runner's World

thinsomeday
on 10/24/09 11:40 pm - webster, MA
hey robyn and katie -

was great to meet you guys!  god willing - i will be at the next one too!  surgery in 3 days!  holy hell!!

kat
RazzyRobyn
on 10/25/09 12:45 am - West Boylston, MA
It was great to meet you too!  I wish you the best in your upcoming surgery!! Please keep us posted and it you have any questions, just shout out to me on here! :)
Robyn

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views