Changing my life in 3 days!!

thinsomeday
on 10/20/09 11:44 am - webster, MA
Good luck Mara!!!  I am a few days behind you  (the 28th for me).  I look forward to your update after.  I am going into this knowing I will have a lot of regret for a few days - but know we are def. doing the right thing for our future.  I am so overwhelmed with questions I have now - when I thought I had reearched it all  - grocery list questions, products with protein etc.  I have a notebook and a general list I have been making - but I think you are right - just get thru the surgery first and go from there.  I was told to bring a pillow or have one in the car for the ride home.  I am a nurse on the same type of floor we will be on - so i am scared to be on the other side!
how old is your daughter?  did you tell her?  i have 3 kids and have not yet told them, but I plan to on Monday. 
good luck babe!
kat
Mara C.
on 10/20/09 11:57 pm - Millbury, MA
Thanks Kat for the ideas, and I will be thinking of you 10/28 too!  My daughter is 2.5, I told her the other night that in a couple days Mommy was going to sleep at the hospital for a couple nights while the doctors fixed my tummy.  I told her I will have a boo boo on my tummy for a little while so I can give lots of hugs and kisses, but won't be able to pick her up.  I told her when she comes to visit me at the hospital I will have a surprise for her (got her a new Max & Ruby book and doll), and that she could help Dad pick me out a present too!  Also, told her what her routine would be that day (auntie bringing her to daycare etc) and then she will pick her up and play with her until Daddy comes home, and that she will be fine.  I think she understand that much, and hope that helps her to feel secure knowing what the deal is ahead of time w/o going too much into details.  Good luck with telling your family, and try to keep it as positive as possible, and reassure them that they and you will all be fine.  Good luck, I will be looking for your update as well! ~ Mara
MaeFB
on 10/22/09 10:53 pm - Townsend, MA
 TODAY IS THE DAY! Good luck Marabelle!

Mara C.
on 10/23/09 12:44 am - Millbury, MA
Thank you, I am leaving in 10 mins for the hospital!!!!  OMG!!!!! 
wicked aries
on 10/24/09 11:23 am - MA
Congrats Marabelle! We talked a while back, I'm glad it's finally happening for you! 
Count your blessings, not your worries

celnik30
on 10/25/09 2:49 am
Hi Mara - Well, you have already had your surgery. Hope it went flawlessly and you will be back to your NEW self in no time!
  Please share your experience for those of us still on the waiting bench!

“Just because an animal is large, it doesn't mean he doesn't want kindness; however big Tigger seems to be, remember that he wants as much kindness as Roo.”
    Cel

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views