6 Months

LisaBC86
on 10/14/09 8:24 pm - Bridgewater, MA
Wow - hard to believe that 6 months has already passed (the 13th) and today I have my 1/2 check up !! Hopefully all is well ! But I feel good and have been off my diabetes medication almost from the get go so........

Little nervous (not the right word - just to early to think of the rigt one)- after reading a post last night about a woman who died - I believe it was 2 months out ! I mean I knew it came with risks but still scary to read. I wonder - when / if there is ever a time length out that we are considered "safe" - don't get me wrong I KNOW we need to keep up with vitamins and supplements forever and I'm ok with that - but is there a time - if  we're doing what we need to - that we are considered out of the "danger zone" ??

Would love to hear from you guys and find out what you've been told  / heard.

Off to Boston .........

On a GOOD note  - I filled out the application to start my Master's program yesterday - of course there is still a lot to do ........

but I felt good about startging the process.

Happy Thursday everyone !! A week from today I will be headed to NY for the OH event !! Looking forward to it !!

Lisa

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
RazzyRobyn
on 10/14/09 9:10 pm - West Boylston, MA
I read that post as well and it scared the crap out of me. What a sad situation!  I pray God watches over all of us!

Good Luck on your check up today! I will be thinking of you!!!  Please let us know how you make out.  :)
Robyn

Highest known weight 268 lbs.
Lowest weight since surgery 115 lbs.
Currently maintaining at 125 lbs.

My RNY has saved my life and given me a new life!

LisaBC86
on 10/15/09 4:23 am - Bridgewater, MA
All went well !! Doctor says I'm at 57 % of my excess weight gone - he seemed pleased. Talked to the nutrionist about the post we've mentioneded - she said horrable if the doctor really didn't do blood work - but so long as we take and KEEP taking our vitamins and supplements - we should be fine. She also said if she was low in potassium (which I beleive is what I read  - she would probably have been vomiting and / or other signs that something was wrong and she should have been checked - I guess the message is LISTEN to our bodies !!

In any case - I have to do better with my exercise - other than that I think I'm doing well so,,,,,,,,,

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
Lisa1483
on 10/15/09 6:21 am - Revere, MA
Congrats Lisa!!! Doctor H was very pleased with my weight loss as well. He said that I am where most people are after 5 to 6 months out and I'm just a little over 4 months out , so I was really happy about that.

After surgery I was asking Dr. Schneider about the danger zone, he said six months but anything can happen at anytime if we don't do what we are suppose to be doing. He said but the first six months is the most dangerous.

Sue M.
on 10/15/09 9:27 am - Nantucket, MA
GREAT work!  I think I was around the same at the 6 month mark! 

I got blood work at 3 months, but not again til next month (1 year!).  My PCP did some blood work in between to make sure I was doing ok.  Surgeon does grill me re: taking supplements and I promise to him it's the only religion i currently subscribe to. 

Exercise was one of the last pieces of the puzzle for me... though I had improving weather to encourage me.  This is a hard time of year to get active, but gyms and fun exercise classes are all out there - even cable has on demand exercise videos!  Presuming there are some nice sunny days left in the fall - get out an enjoy them.  I love the crunch of fall leaves under my feet when i walk!

After 6 months the loss can slow down a bit, simply because you have less to lose and 5lbs off your old body is maybe equal to 1-2lbs of your new one.  I stepped up the exercise and saw inches really start to fly away (and the floppy saggy skin begin to really take flight! LOL)

Keep up the good work, and good luck with your grad school application.  I'm sitting here NOT writing a paper right now!

Back to homework for me.........
Read my blog, BARIATHLETE   I run because I can.

First 5K race October 4, 2009   (34.59)  PR 5/22/11 (27:26)
First 5 Mile: January 1, 2011 (50:30)
First 10K: July 4, 2010 (1:03.26) New PR 4/10/11 (1:01.14)
First 10 Mile: April 11, 2010  (1:46.15)
First 1/2 marathon: June 13, 2010 (2:22.21)  PR: 5/1/11 (2:17.30)
First Marathon: October 16, 2011: 5:47:20

Goofy Challenge: January 7-8, 2012
If you think you can, you can.  If you think you can't, you're right. - Mary Kay Ash
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views