Montly Clothing Swaps

Just Brooke
on 10/8/09 5:16 am, edited 10/8/09 5:17 am
Hi everyone,

I know that most of you were interested in a consignment shop but my weight loss center is doing a monthly clothing swap. So even though you won't be making money off your clothes you can bring in your old stuff and swap them out for new sizes! I checked to make sure that other people (who weren't patients there) could do the swap and they said YES!!!!

If you attended the Walk From Obesity than you know where to go. If not ..the address is 20 Research Place, North Chelmsford. Here is the info about the swaps: 

One of the post surgical problems we all have is that we continue to shrink
while our clothes do not.

There have been several inquiries as to when the next clothes swap will be. In
the past, clothes swaps have been only a couple of times a year because they take considerable time to manage and are difficult to coordinate. We now have two people who have volunteered to coordinate and run clothes swaps. We plan to have a monthly clothes swap on the third Wednesday evening of the month.

The success and continuation of the swaps depends on you. We need members to both donate gently worn clothes and to use the swaps as a source for new clothes as the pounds melt away. For the first clothing swap we are especially interested in Fall fashions. Save those Hawaiian shirts and beach wear for the Spring swap! Another thing we need is men's clothing, which always seems to be in short supply at the swaps.

Clothes can be dropped off after the Post-Op meeting
or dropped off throughout the day on Wednesday
(Please bring season appropriate clothes only!)
Swap time 9am-7pm

Upcoming dates:
October 21, 2009
November 18, 2009
December 16, 2009
January 20, 2010

nicunicu2002
on 10/8/09 7:50 am - Sharon, MA
thanks so much for the info....

ClareB
on 10/9/09 4:09 am - MA
Ok so question...what time does the swap start?  I am assuming 7?
Just Brooke
on 10/9/09 4:19 am
It's all day ...just bring in your stuff and look around for new stuff while you are there.

Lisa1483
on 10/12/09 12:58 pm - Revere, MA
This is awesome!!!! I hope I can get a ride there. I am just about 4 months out of surgery and the doc told me that my weight loss is that of somebody that is about six months out. I have lost 75 to date and my clothes are just falling off me. I don't want to buy new cause the weight is just falling off me along with my clothes.

Could somebody tell me how this works? I really don't have much cause I refused to buy clothes that went past size 18 and even those I don't have many of.

Thanks,
Lisa

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views