Disheartening docs visit...

HutchBiorn
on 10/7/09 3:09 am - West Springfield, MA
Just got back...wasn't very happy to learn I have gained almost 2 lbs as opposed to loosing anything. I did everything the doc said, didn't stray from the diet...in fact was eating less than was told...and I still gained. BUT!  I'll be damned if i'm gonna let that sway me again. I'm gonna do this, one way or another.

So, as expected....diet was changed once again. No more hotdogs, switch to decaffinated coffee, light mayo and dressings.... On a good note... I can increase the amount of luncheon meats... sept I lost my olive and pickle loaf. :P Ah well, what ever it takes right? Oh yea...no more bacon less it's Canadian.  Also lost sherbert. Which is ok...doc said I can have the CrazyCow Icecream...which is pretty tastey.

Now... for the task of finding a doctor to do the surgery. Anyone in the Springfield area have any ideas? The doc gave a couple suggestions... but I would like more opinions.

Starting weight 309

Don't try to confuse me, I was born this way.

LisaBC86
on 10/9/09 11:08 pm - Bridgewater, MA
Try to hang in there !!! It's hard - all we can do it keep trying - start new everyday ! if not every meal !! Best of luck and don't get to discouraged !

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
HutchBiorn
on 10/10/09 4:54 am - West Springfield, MA
Thanks.. i'm trying. It's hard... but this time I have people with me helping. I have this site, which i've found some very nice people... and the people I currently live with as well as my girlfriend. In fact, the people I live with have all changed their eating habits to coinside with my new diet so I don't feel discouraged. So, there's a house full of people dieting with me. :P
Lisa1483
on 10/15/09 9:26 am - Revere, MA
Don't look at it is you will never be able to have those things again, you just can't have them right now. I was all freaked out before surgery thinking I will never be able to have this or that ever again so I might as well get it all in now. My big thing was I have to give up pasta. I just had pasta for dinner tonight, the only difference is I didn't have as much as I normaly would. Since surgery I have had hot dogs, but could only eat half. Try not to stress about the things that you think you won't be able to have.

After surgery you might not even want to have any of those things. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views