I RAN a 5K - official rime: 33:59

Jadems
on 10/11/09 4:26 am - Cambridge, MA
Fantastic! You are a woman after my own heart. I had gastric banding in 2006 but lost 130 pounds in 10 months due to my committment to excercising. I have maintained the weight  loss and actually completed plastic surgery  a few weeks ago and currently in recovery. Many people mourn food but I say I am FREE of it with the surgery. Who cares that you eat like a bird, pick around bread and live off of soup and protein bars when you can experience so many amazing activities. I encourage you to try a 10k or even a triatholon. I completed one last year and it was an amazing experience. Don't think you can do it? neither did I for I have been obese since I was 8 years old. Oh..but I worked up to it and now consider myself athletic. Depression and weight are a thing of the past. I Scuba dive now, just started surfing and golf over the summer and am picking up on snowbaording this winter which I started last year. The sky is the limit and I am so happy you have this experience under your belt. I know what it took to get there and I know how proud it feels when you complete it. Bask in that glory for there is hopefully more to come!... Again.. good job!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views