Gonna be a cold one!

MaeFB
on 10/1/09 3:53 pm - Townsend, MA
 Wow, I was always so warm, it's new to me to be cold! (Small price.) Everyone said I would be, and I don't mind. I think coats and scarves are cute, so I'm happy to wear them, but I bet my friends won't know what to do! Hahah! I was always the heater, I never even wore a coat when we went ice skating. My friends would grab my hands to heat their own frozen hands. I'm thinking now they might ask me to hold their drinks to keep them cool! Hahah! It's fun, though, I bought a new pea-coat. I looove it. 

Love/hate with this cold. Okay, I love it. OH! Fashion Bug is going to be selling cute pink and aqua Snuggeez. I have an excuse to buy one. Heeh!

LisaBC86
on 10/1/09 9:08 pm - Bridgewater, MA
I soooo get what you are saying !! I had 3 kids that played ice hockey and I'd be the parent in the rink with no jacket ! I generally got through the winter with a sweatshirt if anything !!! NOW - last night I sat in my room freezing !! in fact right before I read your post - I was thinking - I reallly need to go out and buy some turtlenecks and long sleeveed shirts !! Ughhh I'm dreading getting dressed today and only having short sleeve shirts - Thank GOD I have a couple of sweaters !!!

It is different !

Highest (that I know of) 285  Weight when I started the process 277
Night before surgery 263
  Goal weight 160

Smile ! You'll make the world a happier place !
Inspriational video "Strive for Perfection, Settle with Excellence !
OH Support Group Leader
Just Brooke
on 10/1/09 9:27 pm
Same here! I've already gotten a new jacket. I found a really nice Columbia winter jacket for $10 at the Salvation Army. I've boughten a few sweaters and I just need some long underwear.

MaeFB
on 10/1/09 11:41 pm, edited 10/1/09 11:42 pm - Townsend, MA
 Thank goodness I work in a clothing store, huh? Hahah! It's a new experience, so I guess thank goodness I like Fall clothing! It's a whole part of our new lives!

Girl ..
on 10/27/09 8:08 am - MA
Im over two years out...I still cannot get over how much colder I am.  Like you, I was always warm, I never wore sweaters, just blouses and slacks all winter.  Now I own fuzzy socks in all colors, loads of sweatshirts, and I keep an extra cardigan sweater hanging at work (ala Mr. Rogers). 

I would do it all again in a second...

Starting weight : 273 lbs - BMI 42.8
Day of Surgery : 265 lbs  - BMI 41.5
April 20, 2008: 175 pounds - BMI 27.4
November 11, 2008: 158 pounds 24.7

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost