Got my date with Dr. Kelly!

thinsomeday
on 9/28/09 4:25 am - webster, MA

Hey Mass crew -

I am psyched to say I have a date!! Oct 28th - so one month from today!!!  (WIth Dr. Kelly at UMASS).  My intake with Dr. Gitkund was Dec. 08 - so a long road but well worth it.  This whole cpap thing makes me feel like a different person!  I can't stop telling everyone about it! 

Is there a master list of preop and post op tips and grocery list out there - I am sure there is one floating around. 

I am planning on taking the full 6 weeks.  I have 3 kids (2, 3 and 6) and work as a nurse so I think I have to take all the time I can to focus on me (for once!). 

My biggest issue going into this was telling my mother - she is the ultimate A type personality, met her goal on weigh****chers and made me promise to never have this type of surgery (when I told her about a close friends who had it done).  So I told her last week - the day I got my date and she was amazing amazing amazing and I am still in shock about her reaction!!  What a huge relief!! 

That is my update of the moment! 

Thanks for all of your support.  Its weird how people you have yet to meet can be some of your best cheerleaders!

RazzyRobyn
on 9/28/09 8:12 am - West Boylston, MA
Congratulations! Dr. Kelly was my surgeon and I think he's wonderful. He's always so receptive to questions and he's so approachable.

You will do great! How exciting, one month!!  :)

Please keep us posted.  :)
Robyn

Highest known weight 268 lbs.
Lowest weight since surgery 115 lbs.
Currently maintaining at 125 lbs.

My RNY has saved my life and given me a new life!

Mara C.
on 9/29/09 2:17 am - Millbury, MA

Congrats!  And that's awesome about your Mom's reaction!

I have Dr. Cohen at UMASS and I will be just leaving the hospital days before you get there (surgery 10/23) too bad we wouldn't be there at the same time!  Good luck, I am getting excited and nervous.... less than one month from now!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views