And so...the journey begins...

HutchBiorn
on 9/21/09 3:14 pm, edited 9/21/09 3:16 pm - West Springfield, MA
Today was the first visit to the Weight Management Program. Was a very pleasant visit... doc was very sweet...explained a lot of things I didn't know, so learned some new things. That's always a good thing. As expected, while most of what I have been eating is still allowed...the amount of it has changed drastically. Of course, some things have been taken away, which is no surprise, and certain things changed from one type to another..but basically serves the same purpose. Like.. sugar...is now Splenda. Which is ok, i've used it before, so it's no bother. Salt intake dropped.

Good thing I like veggies. :P Although, I didn't know corn was a starchy food...so that has been cut down to 1/3 a cup at a meal. Damn...corn is my favorite veggie to.Go figure. lol I get to keep pasta and rices, though only 1/3 cup at a meal. Get to keep potatos and squashes...but only 1/2....no more dark chicken, all white...fat free cheese...damn, no more Velveeta. Ok...so maybe a whole lot has changed.

It's gonna be hard...but I really need to do this or die one, which sorry...but that's not an option. Least this time dieting, I have support where any other time i've tried, I didn't. And I think that was my biggest problem and why I always failed. I have my housemates now and my girlfriend...who I wanna be with for a long time.

SO! Here we go!

Starting weight 309

Don't try to confuse me, I was born this way.

jdr1208
on 9/22/09 12:47 am - Worcester, MA
good luck on your journey!!!!!!!!!
MaeFB
on 9/22/09 12:53 pm - Townsend, MA
 Good luck, and we're all here with you!

HutchBiorn
on 9/22/09 1:20 pm - West Springfield, MA
Thanks. Biggest step taken.. admitting I need to loose the weight. Weird thing, even knowing how much I weighed.. I never really realized just how big I was till I saw the photos my housemate took, that are now housed in my profile. I looked at those for almost an hour, wanted to cry..cussed at myself...went through some weird emotions. Is that normal?

Right now... I feel so hungry. So used to eating whenever, whatever.... it's hard...but fortunately, my girlfriend and housemates stick by me and help a lot.  I bought some snak foods..all of which I thought was good stuff, fruit bars, those 100 calori pack things and some other stuff...housemate went thru it all... I lost half of what I bought. :P lol....

Starting weight 309

Don't try to confuse me, I was born this way.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Another year gone by
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 683 views
Happy Anniversary
Grim_Traveller · 0 replies · 2253 views
Total Cost
capeme · 1 replies · 4439 views
Glad to be back - MIA for 6-7 yrs
LisaS08 · 1 replies · 4575 views